All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. Hi again, so this is what I have done. 1) I have created an encrypted folder on the computer. 2) I have added this folder in rw way to the phone storage folder where the photos are. 3) I have added this folder in encrypted way to the public server that is always online. So far it works for me. However, it's not perfect, because it's not really a backup, but both way sync. That means I can't delete (or move) photos from the computer and still keep them on the phone, which kind of sucks in the long term. A possible solution for deleting (moving) photos from the computer would be selective sync on computer, but then I have to manually click on every new photo if I want it downloaded, which is less than perfect. Any other ideas?
  4. I have just tried it with the second phone. This phone has no internet access. I have created a hotspot on it and connected both the first phone and the computer. When both were connected, Resilio started syncing right away. Frank Maier, thanks for the solution!
  5. Hi Frank Maier, thanks for your explanation. That could be the reason why it's not working the way eltopo described it. However, is it really true that the phone doesn't make a network? I have used another software to sync files in this way: 1) the software on the phone creates a hotspot, 2) the software on the phone sets up a web server and offers selected files on it, 3) the browser on the computer connects to the hotspot on the phone, 4) the browser on the computer connects to a local IP address and downloads the files. So would it be a solution to use another phone for creating a hotspot and connecting both sync phone and sync computer to that network? Would it work or also not?
  6. I have used Google translate for your question. I think you should have no problems with the licence after you reinstall the system. You just use the licence the same way as you did the first time and all should work fine.
  7. Resolved the issue. In case this is useful to anyone, here goes: On linux source, /var/lib/resilio-sync/ there is a hidden directory starting with .SyncUserxxxxx in .SyncUserxxxxx/folder I found directories that represent the standard folders in Resilio. Each of these directories contained info.dat file which when inspected (cat or vim) contain the shared secret key and the name of the standard folder. so: /var/lib/resilio-sync/.SyncUserxxxxx/folder/12345678976543221/info.dat I ended up finding duplicate of these directories all representing the same standard folder, which were probably created as I kept deleting, re-adding the standard/shared folder. Long story short, I quite easily identified the duplicate directories and deleted them all. I then inspected all of the long named .db files /var/lib/resilio-sync/ which represent the scanned content of the standard/shared folders. The listing of scanned directories within the .db file can be discerned with a little effort. I found some stale .dbs by determining the creation date as well as size and content. I am sure there is an easier method of loading .db into some sort of program and inspecting that way but VIM did fine. I then proceeded (this step I am not 100% was useful) to rename the storage.db to storage.db_old. At this point, I had to repeat above steps on the NAS with resilio path being different /volume1/@appstore/resiliosync/var (or /usr/local/resiliosync/var/ ). As a final step, I deleted the .sync directories in both source and destination(the ones I am trying to synchronize), re-added the directory I had troubles sharing, let it initialize locally and then added it on the destination successfully. It's now happy. The one thing I am still not sure about is that the initialization on the destination happened within 30 seconds for roughly 3 TBs of data. it is still cached ...somewhere but no one here would point me to where that may be ... the mystery which is attainable probably through paid support, fair enough. Anyway, if this was useful, cheers
  8. It's a pity that I need to uninstall Resilio. I thought that‘s too weird why It can obviously slow down the reading speed of my disks. I hope it can be fix cuase Resilio is really useful for me.
  9. Last week
  10. So I recall you posting about this and didn't have anything to offer since I don't use macOS. But while evaluating backup solutions for FreeBSD, I did come across this support note from urBackup (emphasis mine): So basically it seems macOS has crippled root filesystem access. One thing you could try is creating a group in macOS, applying read, write, and execute permissions for that group to the folders Resilio Sync touches, and then adding the users whose directories Sync has access to, as well as the rslsync user, to that group. I have no idea how that would work, and *nix group permissions tend to be screwy, but there's that. Let us know how it goes. BTW I suppose the rest of us will be facing a similar problem when Scoped Storage becomes mandatory in Android 11. Just about every app that touches the Android filesystem will have to be updated for it.
  11. Hi Frank, Thank you for your response. I'm well aware that i have a slow NAS and that smaller files will result in slower transfer speeds. I have monitored the CPU usage during sync and can see that the CPU is maxed out. This isn't a surprise to me. However i would still like to maximize the performance of my gear, hence the question regarding the sync settings folder. Moba
  12. Create a second identity and manually add the folders with the share key. Problem solved. You don't have to make everything complicated. It also does not make sense to hide folders on the same identity, that's against the purpose of the Pro license. It also does not work, because who defines which folders are visible or not, thus you need some kind of master installation which handles the "rights", which is against a p2p concept.
  13. Same here. I'd also like to know how to hide folders (of my Sync Pro identity) on certain devices.
  14. Thought I would share this in case anyone else has the same problem. My old and trusty ZyXel NSA325v2 had been happily syncing for a few years after I upgraded from btsync 1.2.73 to btsync 2.2.6 in 2015, until, it seems about May 2018. Because Resilio Sync "just works" i didn't noticed it had stopped until I tried to pull down a selective sync folder. So in September 2019 I upgraded to the latest version, with the help of ResilioSync support. The latest version, 2.6.3, is NOT supported and will not work. so you need a slightly older version (2.5.12) Steps: Download the ARM version https://download-cdn.getsync.com/2.5.12/linux-arm/resilio-sync_arm.tar.gz Unpack the tarball `tar xvzf resilio-sync_arm.tar.gz` Copy `rslsync` to your NAS drive (FTP, SSH?) Telnet/SSH to your NAS, copy `rslsync` to the folder: `/usr/local/zy-pkgs/bin` but name it something like `rslsync_2.5.12` Move the old binary and replace it with a symlink `mv btsync btsync_2.2.6` and then symlink the new one like `ln -s rslsync_2.5.12 btsync` Reboot the NAS simply enter the command`reboot` Hope this helps someone!
  15. I went ahead and uninstalled Resilio package from Synology and confirmed the folder /volume1/@appdata/resiliosync was gone. I then reinstalled the latest Resilio package (current 2.6.3_1) and added the problematic folder using the shared key from source. Now, I am getting flooded with this error in the sync.log: assert failed /home/jenkins/slave-root/workspace/Build-Sync-Manually-EC2@6/sync/fs/tree/SyncFileEntryTree.cpp:167 Also, the shared folder I just added, its size jumps all over the map, from GB to TB to 0 and so forth. Seems like it isn't indexing at all. I read one another forum post that this may be because I am adding that folder using a modified shared key, but that is not the case, triple checked. Help pretty please
  16. Earlier
  17. Thanks for your response. I have not removed the app no. The reason is because i have other shared (standard) folders that are syncing OK. The destination (troubled) NAS is a Synology DS1511+ with ResilioSync package 2.6.3.1 installed (as per Resilio instructions) The source is actually an Ubuntu server with ResilioSync installed and NAS mounted with CIFs. By the way, I found this and this article describing where the .db files reside. It is not clear how to cross-reference a .db to a shared folder so I tried logically deriving the connection using last-modified. Long story short, removing a .db file did not do anything for me. I am OK with starting completely fresh if that's what is required but I need help making sure I leave no traces of old install, database, config files.
  18. have you removed the app from both NAS? What NAS do you have? Can you ssh to it?
  19. It could be a bug in Resilio Sync. I know on Android they've had/have issues with things repeating incredibly often. Haven't really looked into the desktop though as I don't mind it finding things to sync right away and I use it on ssd drives.
  20. Desktop itself is being flaky and Android I can't even recommend. They definitely need to get something out 🙁
  21. Personally, I find ignoring files backwards and wish I could just select files or folders. Install a new application and the ignore list doesn't know to ignore it which is just crappy (yes, selection is the same in a way although you can still not have the application install folder included and just include any configs, etc should that be one you want to instead of having to ignore each and every and making a silly long ignore list), but limiting by file size can also be crappy too when that one file increases past your ignore limit and then you find someday later when you need it that it wasn't taken in. There are problem areas with Resilio Sync and getting the files you want or don't want included is just something you have to live with in my opinion unless you have a highly focused use for RS. But, at least for you, if they added selection and ignore by file size they could just allow you to select files as well to select and override filesize or even detect with a check to see if last filesize was lower and ask what you want to do in those cases, save that and boom, you got a better system.
  22. I am trying to re-do synced folder between two NASes. So far I tried: removed shared folder on both ends deleted .sync folder on both ends added the folder on the source NAS and let it index when adding this folder on the destination NAS by means of of shared key, the folder indexes multiple TBs in a span of a few minutes! sadly incorrectly also because the sizes do not match on source and destination. Where on earth is it getting this "cached" indexed info? I need to delete it! The idea to start fresh. Thanks,
  23. Judging by the lack of staff forum posts and delays in responding to tickets, I read the above comments as a number of staff have been laid off
  24. I added a peer to an existing share and since then the download speed to me went down probably due to the slow upload by the peer I added. Is there a workaround for this that anyone knows of?
  25. The idea here would be to list directories for which file watching should be ignored and changes would only occur on a rescan interval (perhaps a separate rescan_interval setting). As an example, I have several node projects in my 'code' share. Out of 298,470 files, 76,943 of them (~25%) change infrequently, but Resilio Sync is using 1.7GB of memory (I imagine most of that overhead is all of the file watches). This above example is just one of many such paths that I would set to not watch, but to scan for changes periodically.
  26. Would it be possible to get an IgnoreArchiveList feature? I sync several folders that are code based and preference based. I don't need to archive things in node_modules or plugins folders. I like to have them synced, but they do not need to be backed up and it chews through a lot of disk space at times.
  27. You have a low end NAS with a very slow CPU. NAStester seems to test with large files. So most NAS are able to achieve 100MB/s. On the other hand, small files reduce the speed drastically. You could test your transfer speed by copying lots of small files, I doubt you get anything above 20 MB/s. Can you take a look at the CPU usage. I suspect your CPU is the limiting factor. Resilio Sync does not simple copy the file in bulk, but splits it up in multiple parts, has to verify the correct transmission, ...
  1. Load more activity