• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About battrd

  • Rank
  1. I can't start a new thread either (used to be able to) That aside, I'm having a problem where not all of the devices are being displayed in BTS. I have a desktop at home that all of my laptops recognize, and my desktop displays all of the laptops as devices. Things ultimately sync fine, but if Laptop A adds a file, Laptop B says "added by remote peer", but then syncs the file via the desktop at home (which is kind of silly when I have A and B sitting right next to each other). It's weird that everything has to be mediated by that desktop... doesn't seem right to me. EDIT: BTS 1.1.69, 3 of
  2. I don't seem to be having the issues anymore. I guess some of the version updates/ bug fixes took care of the problem that I was having.
  3. If you compress the log files to a .zip, the file size will be reduced drastically. On OSX, the simple right-click -->> "compress" reduced a log file from 16.5 MB to 516 KB.
  4. Sorry for the long OP. I've sent kos some logs, so hopefully those help. Also, the version I was using before upgrading to 1.1.127 was 1.0.116.
  5. As others, I love BTS. Thanks so much! Also I'm glad to see the new changes made in the recent patch. However, a new problem has started occurring for me once I upgraded from 1.0.X to 1.1.27. Every day I make changes to 98 files, which grow by ~3-5 KB a day. These changes are made on one computer, and changes are only made while that computer does not have internet access (no connection at the remote field site where data is downloaded, which updates the 98 files). When I return to a location with internet access, the files sync almost immediately... or so it would seem. There are 5 computers
  6. A couple days ago I awoke one of my computers from a week-long slumber (it had been turned off while I was moving). While the computer was sleeping, I had been editing the contents of the Sync'd folder on other computers (i.e., creating files, saving changes to files, etc.). When my computer awoke, about 90% of the folder contents (subfolders, files, etc.) were deleted on all 4 of the computers to which the folder was Sync'd. I had all of my stuff backed up in multiple locations, plus BitTorrent Sync keeps deleted files in the .SyncTrash folder. So all of my stuff was recovered. What gives?
  7. Mountain Lion (OSX 10.8.3). My other two computers (iMac at home and MacBookPro that is usually asleep) run Snow Leopard (10.6.?). EDIT: Snow Leopard (OSX 10.6.8)
  8. I thought this problem had been taken care of, but I just had to restart BTS on my laptop again. I was at work. It retained the unique Port that I had previously set. I have no clue why it didn't recognize the other machines.
  9. 1) After I manually set the port on my MBPr (to something different than my iMac and other MBP, the computers I have at home), all issues appear resolved. I just woke up my MBPr from a full night's sleep, and it recognized the other computers in about 2 seconds!! 2) I have not restarted my mac yet ... ( waiting for restart ) ... OK, I just restarted my MbPr. The port is still at the number to which I manually set it. In BTS, it immediately recognized the other computers.
  10. I got the logs, but 1 was ~140MB, and the other was ~170MB. Too big to email, so I tried using the "send feedback + send logs" approach to get them to you. Yeah, I'm sure that easy for you to find... ha. Sorry, but I just couldn't email those giant files. That aside, I did some experimenting. Basically whenever my mac laptop (that I take to work and back home every day) went to sleep, it would lose track of the other devices (in BTS) when it woke up. I noticed that my iMac and my MacbookPro (retina, if it matters), were listening on the same port. I changed the MBPr's port to 1+ the iMa
  11. I am using bit torrent sync to sync a folder on 3 macs and 2 pc's. I do most of my work on 1 of my macs, the other 2 macs sleep during most of the day, and my 2 pc's are always awake. I regularly notice that when I open BT Sync on my Mac that I've been working on all day, it doesn't list any devices. When I open BT Sync on the PC right next to me, it lists the 2nd PC as a connected device, but nothing else (the two other macs are asleep, so they shouldn't be listed). So my mac that I'm working on doesn't notice the PC's, and the PC's recognize each other, but not the mac I'm working on. If I