lux

Members
  • Content Count

    21
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

1 Follower

About lux

  • Rank
    Member
  1. I don't really get this. First Sync is all "please use 2.0 folders!", now I have ninety billion 2.0 folders and it's all "ADVANCED FOLDERS are for Pro users only!". Similarly, first Sync is all "auto-sync your folders across your devices! just add new ones!", then it's like "oh wait that's for Pro only".
  2. "Realtime" notifications don't everrrr work for me on Windows. Doesn't matter if I add new files, recompile existing data, or whatever else. Sometimes (placebo?) renaming files a number of times has a bit of an effect, but...
  3. It sounds like he wants to use it to automate syncing his warezed files to his local PC from his torrent box, and if his torrent program does not only move finished downloads into the synced folder but does the actual downloading there, that would re-hash and re-sync in-progress downloads all the time, wasting boundless CPU time/electricity as well as probably wasting gobloads of bandwidth.
  4. I really don't understand how this could be in the scope of this project. Ye olde TrueCrypt or your newfangled EncFS or the distributed cloud services listed sound far more like what you're looking for.
  5. Though continually retorrenting the torrents you're currently torrenting () would probaby be an incredibly waste of time and resources?
  6. Ah, my user did not have permission to write the .pid file. Now everything works, cheers And yes, I noticed the JSON errors in the sample config myself when I was first testing it. Thanks to that I now know JSON syntax again, hadn't used it in a while. By the way, while it's very forthcoming of you to also send me your replies via PM, you can see in the top right corner of this board's design that I'm subscribed to this thread
  7. Installing via the package indeed works now What does not work for me is the "<name>.<user>.{<group>.}conf" type of config. It just refuses to start as a user and not as root. If I rename the same config to "<name>.conf", it starts fine via your script. Manually launching BTSync as my desired user also works.
  8. For me it turned out to be a single file that was different on the read-only end. I deleted it on both and the sync completed successfully. I started with .130 for the record.
  9. I sent a giant log file and mentioned some other bugs and peculiarities. Hope it helps. For the record mine is "stuck" at about 109mb remaining.
  10. I wrote the error I got trying to install your .deb. I'm on Debian Unstable. x64 of course. I renamed the .dpkg-new init.d scripts to use them with the working build from the .tar.gz (which I copied into your /usr/sbin/btsync-daemon location).
  11. I set up ~/.btsync as the folder in my config (Debian), and the sync.log there now seems to have more detail. There is no separate debug.log though.
  12. From what I gather from other threads, putting IPs into the list of preset hosts defines them as "local". Might be getting this wrong though. Don't know if 127.0.0.1:yourportofchoice works at all there. I've done SSH tunneling before with my server but I don't need it for BTSync.
  13. Ideally you'd configure it per-share in the .conf JSON or even list all symlinks you want to see traversed rather than simply copied in a .SyncSymlinks file.