zuzibivoxale

Members
  • Content Count

    13
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About zuzibivoxale

  • Rank
    Member
  1. Exactly. Maybe "QR code of a sync folder should 'inherit' that folder's advanced settings, plus the static IP of the host system that QR code is being generated on" is a better description of what I mean. However, aside from encoding already defined hosts, could BTSync really not check if it runs behind a static IP? And if yes, on-the-fly encode that into the QR as well? I'm not admin nor programmer, but pretty much every computer I connected to a network so far could tell me whether it used a static IP or DCPH. I assume are ar OS APIs that programs can poll, no?
  2. Hello! This might seem to be a very narrow use-case at first, but please read on ;-) I have a work PC with static IP address and need to sync pictures quickly from my mobile. Via the occasional WiFi or mobile data connection, this is not working reliably. I presume the mobile app tries to contact tracker and/or relay servers? I'd love to be able to configure the synced folder on the mobile to connect to a pre-defined host, like I can in the desktop app. That way I'm happily syncing various other desktop PCs in- and outside of the work-LAN with my work-PC. Which kind of acts as the "spider
  3. Merci! I suggest to add it to these simple overview pages that list all the other installers per version, like http://syncapp.bittorrent.com/1.3.87/ for example.
  4. Hello! I haven't seen any APK downloads for the past few releases. Where else other then Google's Play store (which I don't want to use) can I download official APKs? Thanks and greetings!
  5. On my end, the problem seems to be solved by upgrading BTSync on the Mac to 1.3.87. Thanks and greetings!
  6. Hello and thanks for looking into this problem. How do I find the sync log on Android? The pinned topic doesn't say. In the logs on the Mac, a lot of this appears while Mac and Phone do not find each other: bind port is _Mac_Port_ UPnP: Could not map UPnP Port on this pass, retrying. NAT-PMP: Unable to map port with NAT-PMP. UPnP: Could not map UPnP Port on this pass, retrying. UPnP: Unable to map port _Mac_IP:Port_ with UPnP. When they do see each other, these entries appear: Checking connection to _Phone_IP:Port_:TCP Lost tunnel to _Phone_IP:Port_:TCP, remaining tunnels: 0 Lost peer
  7. I have installed BTSync 1.3.69 on a Mac OSX 10.9.2 and 1.3.67 manually on a Fairphone (OS 1.1, based on Android 4.2.2). Both were upgrades from earlier versions and there were 3 folder-pairs set up with only the "Search LAN"- and "Store deleted files in SyncArchive"-options enabled on the Mac's side. This worked fine. Now with the 1.3 upgrade, a totally weird and IMHO inconsistent pattern of the folders finding each other & syncing. At first, the phone did not find the Mac in the same WiFi. Intermittently, one of the folders did, but lost connection. Then, activating cellular data on the
  8. Hello! Thanks so much for this big update and the API :-) Is there anything to consider before upgrading from 1.1.82? Will syncing be possible between old & new versions? Will the old one prompt for auto-update? Thanks and greetings!
  9. Let's collect more details about this issue. I started trying to sync with the app's version 1.1.48 over cellular networks just today on a Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with Cyanogenmod 10.2 nightlies. In the "Data Usage"-list, BTsync appears with only a few kB, but seems to be on the rise from hour to hour, so something is happening. However, no sync at all happens over cellular (HSDPA+). In my home network, it works fine :-) The sync partner in this case is a Win7 PC on a university LAN. Syncing from the phone if it's connected to the _wireless_ LAN also doesn't work, neither to a laptop co
  10. Hello! First off: Thanks a bunch for this useful syncing tool. It makes several tasks much easier for me and gives me peace of mind that cloud-syncing can't offer to the same degree. I have a feature request: UI warning when a device exceed the advanced setting "max_time_diff". The only indication for that currently seems to be that the device is shown with its IP address:port instead of its name and the fact that nothhin is syncing. I had this problem today and tried many folder settings combinations before noticing that one computer's clock was off by 15min. A warning "Device exceeds max_tim