chrisvdb

Members
  • Content Count

    25
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

About chrisvdb

  • Rank
    Member
  1. So, tried running btsync directly and didn't get an error message at all... so the problem seems to be with the startup script. I'll do a bit of digging over the weekend.
  2. Would it be possible to create an official .deb package of bittorrent sync? The unofficial (outdated) package can be used as a template and hence the amount of work involved should be minimal.
  3. As the unofficial Debian/Ubuntu PPA seems to be abandoned I have using the latest 2.x (server) btsync package and upgrade by simply replacing the /usr/lib/btsync-core/btsync-core binary with newer version. This has been working fine before version 2.2. With version 2.2 it just does not start up anymore... no log entry at all. Before I start debugging, did anyone encounter the same issue? If so, did you find a solution? Would Bittorrent consider creating an official deb package?
  4. Indeed rather large, but apparently also fairly compressable... I have uploaded the logs and core dump through the webform.
  5. Ok, so, btsync ran for a few hours without issues and then crashed again. Unlike the previous crashes removing the faulty file does not seem to fix the issue... when I restart btsync it crashes again a few seconds later on a different file. I have coredumps and logs in case you still want them.
  6. Hi Helen, I have restarted btsync on Timbuktu (Linux timbuktu 3.19.0-20-generic #20-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 29 10:10:47 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux) with 'ulimit -c unlimited'. I will post the log + coredump on the next failure. Faraday is a QNAP TS-253 NAS running the same version of btsync. I use the standard (outdated) QNAP btsync package but replaced the binary with the newer version (32-bit glib 2.3). Btsync on Faraday hasn't crashed a single time yet. Do you know how to enable debug logging on btsync for QNAP? I tried putting debug.txt in the directory of the binary but that
  7. No, I run sync in configuration mode with the webgui disabled. Configuration: { "device_name": "Timbuktu", "listening_port" : 65432, "storage_path" : "/var/lib/btsync", "check_for_updates" : false, "use_upnp" : false, "download_limit" : 0, "upload_limit" : 0, "webui" : { //"listen" : "0.0.0.0:8888", //"login" : "admin", //"password" : "password" } , "shared_folders" : [ {// Pictures (encrypted read-only) "secret" : "<snip>", "dir" : "/var/btsync/chrisvdb/Pictures", "use_relay_server" : false, "use_tracker" : true, "use_dht" : false, "search_lan" : false,
  8. Hi, I haven't disabled this in the configuration. Wouldn't the assert mean that the file is altered although it is not supposed to be altered in ro mode? I have checked and there is no other process accessing the files. I just happened again... I have uploaded the logs again: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6arxoub5b8bcyk/sync.log.tar.bz2?dl=0 . Removing the file again (temporarily) solved the issue. Chris.
  9. Hi, I'm using btsync 2.1.3 on Ubuntu. I'm trying to sync ~200 GB of pictures between two machines using a 1.4 style folder. One peer has a rw secret whereas the other one has a encrypted ro secret. The latter gets the following error after ~20 GB of sync'ing: [20150817 06:58:49.872] SyncFolderScanner: Posting update event for file "/var/btsync/chrisvdb/Pictures/5L6JR35WLCIKX373LNF6BJ5NVQIIZRDXZPA4AMI/KXHIPLDBK7JHMIPXR6RFF2NQ44/APUKYQ PDDMUCU3S4BE6FF3IKYA/WFKIWNVLIRSSSQYGM3ZGQZ3OY4" [20150817 06:58:49.872] FC[27CC]: file updated - processing file /var/btsync/chrisvdb/Pictures/5L6JR35WLCIK
  10. The devices were sync'ed before I installed 2.0.125, but do not seem to be sync'ing new files. The GUI on my laptop shows Timbuktu as one of the peers, so they do seem to see each other. I now get errors on the laptop as well: [20150619 20:55:15.175] SF[3D70] [8D35]: State sync finished [20150619 20:55:15.175] SyncReq[0x00007fbcf927d440][3D70] [0000]: cancel F927D440 - outgoing merge[20150619 20:55:15.176] SF[3D70] [8D35]: Going to sync state with peer 144.x.x.x:65432[20150619 20:55:15.176] SyncReq[0x00007fbcf921b770][3D70] [0000]: debug F921B770 - outgoing merge[20150619 20:55:15.176] Sch
  11. Understood. Yeah, looks like 2.0.125 is not working for me... the 'unable to uncompress incoming data' repeats every 3 min (nothing much else seems to happen). Timbuktu: platform: Linux 3.19.0-20-generic #20-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 29 10:10:47 UTC 2015 x86_64 version: 2.0.125.32[20150619 11:54:03.603] total physical memory 536870912 max disk cache 2097152[20150619 11:54:03.603] Loading config file version 2.0.125[20150619 11:54:03.603] My PeerID: 10701E21939E86F984C250F5A2C5777061118D35[20150619 11:54:10.532] Error while adding folder /var/btsync/chrisvdb/Documents: Selected folder is already add
  12. In the sync.log file. The entire contents is as follows: version: 2.0.125.32 [20150619 03:17:35.817] total physical memory 536870912 max disk cache 2097152 [20150619 03:17:35.840] Loading config file version 2.0.124 [20150619 03:17:35.840] My PeerID: 10701E21939E86F984C250F5A2C5777061118D35 [20150619 03:17:46.686] Error while adding folder /var/btsync/chrisvdb/Documents: Selected folder is already added to BitTorrent Sync. [20150619 03:17:46.686] Error while adding folder /var/btsync/chrisvdb/Pictures: Selected folder is already added to BitTorrent Sync. [20150619 03:17:47.680] PeerConnecti
  13. I still get assert failed errors... [20150619 03:21:01.619] SyncReq[0x00007fca6820b090][0000] [0000]: Unable to uncompress incoming data, err = -5 [20150619 03:21:01.620] assert failed /mnt/jenkins/workspace/Build-Sync-x64/SyncConn.cpp:180