gerard

Members
  • Content Count

    14
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About gerard

  • Rank
    Member
  1. I have deleted the folder and start syncing it again from scratch. Now it has finished at 9.69 Gb (of 22Gb). To be honest, I am seriously doubting about the status of the backups. I was assuming that I had identical copies of all my folders in all my devices as my backup plan in case of disaster. Now I am not sure at all, and the files are way too many to manually check part of them. I don't know. Is there any common explanation for this? Is this something known and easy to fix? Thx
  2. Hi Admin, Both computers are owners (actually I have 4 computers, 3 as owners and another one as ro if I remember correctly) Sync does not seem to report anything. In the computer that is not downloading everything, it sees 3 computers (the 4rth is turned off) and says "18 files to" in the activity, which I believe is referring to the past activity. It actually says in the Date synced a "a day ago", while the rest of folders have been updated just 3 minutes ago. Curiously, I've created a test.txt file in 2 folders, the first one that works ok has updated it, the non-working folder has igno
  3. Hi there, I am transferring content from an old pc to a new pc, and part of its content is being moved with Sync 2.x. I have several devices synced, so I just installed Sync to the new computer and with my account all folders started to be synced. Now Sync has finished his work. I have 8 folders, 6 of them are 1.4 folders. In 9 of them the folder size is equal according to Sync, this is looking at Sync at both computers. The last one is however not equal: 21.06 Gb vs 191.09 Mb (1.4 folder) It doesn't complain, it looks as everything is correct. Turning off and on Sync doesn't help. Wha
  4. So far I have been able to use ProxyCap to route firefox but not Bittorrent Sync. Surprisingly I was able to start syncing 2 folders (of the 6 or 8 I have). I have disconnected them because they were the least urgent and so far, I still see my (now) 4 folders without any available peers. I have tried using and not using proxy when ProxyCap is supposed to route it without any difference. I need this desperately, anyone has any idea?
  5. The same here, after a while suddenly 2 folders are being sync'ed, not the rest. I'm tunneling over putty, the 2 folders show the 2 peers that should be connected, the rest show 0 peers. The rest of computers behind the firewall shows the 2 peers in all folders except for the 2 being sync'ed, where it shows 3 peers. All versions have been updated to 1.4.110 Beta (computer A - work -----putty----- computers B and C at different "homes")
  6. Hi, It is my understanding that it should be possible to tunnel BTSYNC through ssh and bypass then any firewall configuration, but I haven't been able to find any guide AND I cannot make it work. What I do: - In my work computer configure putty to tunnel the (source) port 15000 to the IP of my home connection, where the destination is dynamic. - Configure my home router to forward the 22 connection towards my raspberry pi - Start putty and log into my raspberry pi ssh server - In my computer configure BTSYNC to use a socks (4 or 5) proxy pointing to localhost:15000 And that should work
  7. Hi everybody, I was having the same problems as everybody, with the exception that the files were ok synchronised between 2 windows and 1 mac, but not with the windows tablet (dell venue 8 pro - standard win8). And it was specifically some PDF files with no apparent problems (filename, size, etc), whereas other files of the same type were perfectly ok. I've solved that by excluding the SD card from indexing, excluding the bittorrent process from windows defender, and excluding the SD card from windows defender. One of these things has unblocked the files and now everything that was not syn