DaveTheNerd

Members
  • Content Count

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About DaveTheNerd

  • Rank
    New User
  1. Even with v2.0, my iPhone is names "iPhone 5s" in Bittorrent Sync (though its name in Settings it iPhone 6+). How do I rename my iPhone in BTS2.0? Found it. iOS App > Hamburger Menu > My Devices > (this device) > Rename W00t!
  2. I run BTSync on 4 different Macs (and my Synology NAS, but that's unrelated) and on each Mac I have "Check for updates automatically" checked. It has never once told me there's an update, and when I click on "Check Now" it says, "You're up to date! BitTorrent Sync 1.3.106 is currently the newest version available." Obviously the latest version (which my NAS already knew about) is 1.3.109. Is there an intentional (and significant) lag introduced into letting the clients auto-update themselves, or is there something else going on? Even a brand new machine with a brand new OS exhibits this same issue, so I'm fairly confident it's not something on my system(s) causing it (unless there's some wonky, network-wide DNS thing, of course). Thoughts?
  3. Now they just need to make it work when you have a Linux machine in the mix (so that the Macs sync xattr and the Linux machine doesn't whine). But they're working on that, too... and that's a good thing.
  4. I have mail clients that sync in the background just fine, and I don't believe they're using HTTP. That may be a bit of minutia, though, and the reality is perhaps that regardless of what IS supported, doing Torrent in the background ISN'T. That's too bad, because i'd love my camera roll backup to happen automatically on iOS.
  5. I updated my .SyncIgnore files on my linux machine, but NOT on my Macs. Seems to be working with 1.3.94 — the Macs (presumably?) share xattr with each other, the Linux box doesn't accept them. Still a workaround, but perhaps a (slightly) better one, right?
  6. I just tried this, too, and failed. And then I realized I needed to read the instructions, specifically, "Note that .SyncIgnore is applied only to the folder where it is contained and will not work with the files that have already been synced." Which means the process to fix this is: 1) Delete all @eaDir directories from the Synology *first* 2) Wait for those changes to index (by BitTorrent Sync) and propagate (by BTSync again) 3) THEN add '@eaDir' to your .SyncIgnore file. If you do step 3 first (as I did originally) it will, as requested, IGNORE anything to do with that file/folder.
  7. What if you symlink it to "SyncIgnoreToSync" on both ends?
  8. I'm trying to solve this @eaDir issue... it's got zillions of these things synced over. I added all of the following to my .SyncIgnore file on my DiskStation for this Folder and... nothing changed. @eaDir@eadir*eaDir*eadir I even added an iPhone to it (that previously was not there) and I still see the @eaDir directories showing up. What am I missing? Edit: I figured out what I was missing: the instructions, specifically, "Note that .SyncIgnore is applied only to the folder where it is contained and will not work with the files that have already been synced." Which means the process to fix this is: 1) Delete all @eaDir directories from the Synology *first* 2) Wait for those changes to index (by BitTorrent Sync) and propagate (by BTSync again) 3) THEN add '@eaDir' to your .SyncIgnore file. If you do step 3 first (as I did originally) it will, as requested, IGNORE anything to do with that file/folder. Going forward, of course, it makes sense to put @eaDir in ALL of my .SyncIgnore files on my Synology at the start so this doesn't happen again (and it would be nice if BTSync would do that for us, but... hey... baby steps!)