vpetersson

Members
  • Content Count

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About vpetersson

  • Rank
    New User

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling
  1. Got it. Thanks. Oh well, I can live without syncing the attr data. Having the nodes in limbo because it chokes on these attr files -- not so much.
  2. Odd. I'm on 1.4.93 too, but it was struggling. It does however seem to only be an issue with the node that I'm using the encrypted key with. Perhaps that is a known bug.
  3. Oh, thanks. I did not know that. That said, wouldn't it make more sense to *exclude* the xattr files by default? My guess is that for the vast majority of the users, this is just useless overhead. Afterall, OS X will automatically generate these files on-demeand. Wow. Ok, so just merely minutes after removing the files from my StreamsList-file, the nodes got all in sync. Much appreciated @trevellyan.
  4. Thanks for the information, Roman. I'll see if I can resolve the issue by killing all nodes and simply adding them one by one and ensuring that they all have the Finder-files in the IgnoreList. That way, it shouldn't be possible for any of the nodes to be aware of these files.
  5. In my setup, I have two laptops and two servers that I sync. One of the servers I sync with is in the cloud, and it is using encrypted keys. At first it seemed to work fine, but as it turns out, it started to choke on the Finder-files (which are still not in the default exclude list for some crazy reason despite being raised here in numerous threads for a long time). The normal remedy for this would be to add them to the IgnoreList. The problem however is that I have already added them there. Despite that, they keep syncing. If I add files to '.sync/IgnoreList', shouldn't they be excluded by the *sending* device as well as the receiving device? I.e. I can either chose to exclude a file on the sending device *or* on the receiving device. If it's added to the sending device, it should never make it to the receiving device.
  6. I'd suggest we add the following: # Finder related files com.apple.FinderInfocom.apple.metadata:_kMDItemUserTagscom.apple.ResourceForkcom.apple.metadata:kMDItemFinderCommentcom.apple.metadata:kMDItemStarRatingcom.apple.metadata:kMDItemOMUserTagTimecom.apple.metadata:kMDItemOMUserTagscom.apple.metadata:kMDItemOMUserTagTime # Vim swap files*.swp Without excluding the Finder files, the sync is in a constant sync state for me.
  7. Ever since I started using BittorrentSync more actively, it has bugged me that the it has been syncing more or less constantly from my laptop (which I stream to two servers for backups). Yesterday I dug into it to see what it was actually doing, and noticed that there were two Finder items that was missing from the SyncIgnore list. com.apple.FinderInfocom.apple.ResourceFork After adding these two items to my ignore files stopped syncing constantly and behave a lot more sane. I'm not sure if it is a Mavericks only thing, but I'm running on 10.9.3.