mosteo

Members
  • Content Count

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

About mosteo

  • Rank
    Member
  1. Just to add a data point, in my case I was working only on one computer; the one identified as rolling back files was supposedly idle.
  2. @tomzooi, the diagnose I got from support after checking my logs was that some process was touching continuously my files in one computer. Thus, they were always being synced from that computer as if they were newer than the ones I was actually editing in another place. I don't know how that could have happened, and never managed to find the cause. I was recommended to use fatrace or similar to try to pinpoint the culprit, may be that will help you. In my case, I've fallen back to only use btsync for non-important inmutable things like installable files, music and photos.
  3. @RomanZ Sure, I can try. But note that I've tried in fresh installs before without any extension. Meanwhile I've managed to capture a video (in a fresh Opera install, no addons, no Opera Turbo). It shows several instances of the failure. In the video I have a local new btsync install, and a remote (through ssh) already running instance with 3 folders. I'm trying to link the local install using the remote secret. At first, you can see in the local instance how the QR-code is missing. Then, in the remote instance you see several times (after some initial succesful attempts) when either the
  4. Javascript is active and I don't have NoJS installed. I do have AdBlock and Ghostery enabled in Firefox. No other js based site shows these symptoms though. A plain fresh install of Opera fails similarly (although perhaps less frequently in a short subjective assessment). With the slow networks I was referring to headless servers which I access through ssh with the 8888 port forwarded. These are in another country so normal internet delay is involved. The btsync instances always listen only to localhost connections. So, basically, I issue: $ ssh -L 8877:localhost:8888 remote.host Ubuntu
  5. Ok I'm so frustrated about this, since it further hinders my attempts to solve other problems, that I must know if I am the only one affected and vent off a bit. I'm using the web ui in ubuntu machines (localhost:8888). Tried with Firefox, Chrome, Opera. It's the same in all of them. Randomly, it seems as if requests silently fail. This can be seen in the following occurrences that are driving me nuts: (I'm always talking about localhost connections. Over not-so-fast networks the symptoms increase exponentially. Also the machines are mostly idle.) 1) Sometimes, the entire ui fails and I
  6. I'm having this problem and don't know how to go about diagnosing it. Hope someone can give some pointers. I have 5 computers, all of them Ubuntu (one 15.04, the rest 14.04.02), sharing a quite large folder (~50G size, ~150000 files). Clocks are properly synchronized now, they weren't in the past (with differences under 2 minutes) but after fixing that the issue still happens (and besides I think small clock differences aren't critical). Of these computers, only one is a laptop being sometimes off, the rest are always running. Btsync is from the unofficial server repo: $ wajig policy btsyn
  7. I want to see if any of you is seeing this, I'm surprised at not finding anyone else affected. I've recently observed in two computers running ubuntu 14.04 LTS / 14.10 each that btsync-daemon consumes increasing memory amounts. As an example, this instance: Uptime is 14 days in that particular computer. Also, the number of files is Which according to some estimates I've seen about each file taking 300-400 bytes of ram should give (being generous): So anything as much by far. btsync is the yeasoft package: This particular computer SO: btsync is launched manually, wi
  8. Helen, it is possible that these files would have been in the device but outside btsync folders. Would that count? I listened to the files in question and deleted them, and since then the issue hasn't arised again, so I cannot try the renaming trick, I'm sorry.
  9. @RomanZ: It is as you say, these files were in a folder without autosync in the phone. There was nothing special about these files in regard to the others in the folder, at least from a naming/content point of view (they were podcast mp3s). I removed them from a PC, re-added them, and they were re-downloaded in the phone. (I waited to see them dissapear in the phone first). It hasn't happened again, so...
  10. I'd like to be able to "unsync" a file that I have in my phone (it ended there because of a bug, but that's secondary). In other words, I want to reclaim that space without deleting the file. Incidentally, the file is in a folder without auto sync. So I want to revert it to its unsynced state. Sorry if I have missed this feature or it has been already asked.
  11. I have a problem that might be related. Sorry if it isn't! I have a folder since some months, set to not auto sync. Just today, warned by android disk usage alert, I realized that two new files in a sub-folder (created two days ago) had been synced, adding up to 100MB. Further mystery is that these files are among 90 others in the same folder that have staid unsynced as expected. Further aggravating the issue is that I don't see a simple way of unsyncing these files from the app. If I delete them I guess the deletion will propagate. But I will report this in the feature request forum.