mcv

New Members
  • Content Count

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mcv

  1. Sure, I enabled logging now. I don't remember if I haven't had hard restarts recently on my notebook, but I did have on another machine - but sync works fine there. But since I have an ATI card there and there's problem with drivers, I'll start backing up the sync config directory there, too. :-) I see, then I'll upgrade my btsync. :-)
  2. Hi. Today I waited a bit to see my video recorded on my phone transferred to my notebook, but it wasn't showing. So I loaded the web interface and I saw the first run page (Link devices dialog). Suddenly btsync lost all of its configuration? I checked .config/btsync/btsync.conf and it was still there, as it should, apart from many other files. I haven't upgraded my system recently and haven't upgraded btsync. The version is 2.0.128 (36). Any ideas? Is this problem known? Will upgrading solve the issue? I see that sync.dat file is 1307 bytes, whereas sync.dat from a backup some time ago is
  3. I'm having the same dialog keeping popping up on Android. I needed to cleanup the mess that BTSync 2.0 made with my folders after upgrading from 1.4, so I disconnected everything and I tried to reconnect everything cleanly. I removed the .sync directory from the Android, but it wouldn't help. Arrgh, after removing directory on my Android and trying to add it from shared QR code, BTSync crashes every time.
  4. Can you check if all of your machines have synchronized system clocks? It happened to me a couple of times that new versions were replaced with old files. I found that at least one reason for that is desynchronized clock on one of the machines. It's easy and always reproducible. Since then I enabled automatic clock syncing from NTP on all of my systems. It's a pain that BTSync relies on system clock so heavily instead of doing some sort of own clock synchronization. Each instance could synchronize its own clock with the rest of BTSyncs, then calculate the difference between its clock and sys
  5. Hi. I found a problem with Sync that can cause data loss. The problem is related to filesystems that don't distinguish upper/lower case characters in latin alphabet, and Sync handles this issue very bad. My short story: I had directory named 'xefis' and later, temporarily I created a file named 'XEFIS' with some links inside (purposely named the same with only case difference to remember that they're related). After a while my 'xefis' directory was all gone, only the 'XEFIS' file remained on all connected devices, and the "offending" one (Android) was unable to sync completely. Thank goodness