dgalt

New Members
  • Content Count

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About dgalt

  • Rank
    New User
  1. I would like to update to the newest version, though (2.3.5 I believe), and to any versions after that, without having to worry about needing to reconfigure the entire thing again. I'm still not clear as to what the issue is, and how to avoid it.
  2. the btsync daemon is managed / started by systemd on my system (i.e. btysnc.service is enabled). I'm on Arch linux, just simply followed the instructions found here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/BitTorrent_Sync I can provide debug logs as well, although I'm hesitant to try and reproduce the issue since I once again have everything working (am running 2.3.0 - have not upgraded further since I'm concerned about it breaking again).
  3. Hi Helen, I'm a bit confused about what you mean. There is a .sync folder in every directory that is watched by Sync. These are still present in those directories. What I'm experiencing is that Sync, after an update, no longer recognizes that I have set it up in the first place. When I navigate to the Sync page at localhost:8888, Sync asks me to once again set up an account and an ID. I then have to go through the process of re-linking that device. It's as if I have a fresh install that needs to be reconfigured. For me Sync is started when my machine boots up (i.e. the btsync service is enabled) - I'm not ever directly launching Sync, so I'm again unclear about what you mean here. thanks for the help
  4. Scratch that, I apparently hadn't rebooted, downgrading to 2.3.3 was only a temporary fix. I've gone through and completely wiped btsync from my system, re-installed 2.3.0, and reconfigured everything. It seems to be working now (have rebooted once and everything was still properly working), but we'll see if that continues to be the case. Again, won't be updating again without some clarification on what's going on here. Also, I don't have a .sync folder in .btsync. I have several .SyncUser folders, however. Not sure why there are multiple, or how those folders are getting generated though.
  5. Having similar issues. I reconfigured everything after updating to 2.3.3 but that was all lost when updating to 2.3.5. Have since downgraded back to 2.3.3 and it's working again. Won't be updating again until there is a confirmed fix for this.
  6. This has happened both times I have updated recently (first from 2.3.2 to 2.3.3, and then again when upgrading to 2.3.5). Basically whatever settings btsync has on my system (Arch linux), they are lost after updating. Going to the admin page at localhost:8888 brings up the new setup page, requesting me to make an account and designate a name to be identified by other users. When I updated to 2.3.3. I just reconfigured everything, but after it happening again when I updated to 2.3.5 recently, resulting in the same issue happening again, I just downgraded to 2.3.3. This post indicates the same / similar issue, but never received a response. I'm not sure if there has been an issue entirely related to 2.3.X, since I missed a few updates and jumped right into the middle of 2.3.X from an earlier version of 2.2.X, but the linked post implies that this is a bug that cropped up with 2.3
  7. i'm a bit confused about this response. i currently have folders set on on my linux machine so that the whole folder syncs. what's requested is the ability to be able to grab files from a folder that is not currently being synced - i.e. the same functionality that is available on windows / osx for a folder that isn't current set up for "sync all"
  8. Same here. I partly moved away from cloud services (had been using OneDrive) because of the lack of support on Linux. Would have been nice to know that this feature wasn't available, as it's pretty essential for me.