john@ninesoft.com

New Members
  • Content Count

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About john@ninesoft.com

  • Rank
    New User

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I'm experiencing significant slow down with transferring a folder of photos to a new Android phone. Recently I transferred from a LG G4 to a Moto G Plus 4th gen. I had been syncing my external SD DCIM folder for a long time with with several windows and linux computers. This has been working well for a long time. On this new phone the folder seems to be taking forever to download. Watching the status screen, the folder keeps dropping to "Indexing" then it moves to receiving and sits at about 64K/s for up to 5 minutes. Then it jumps up to 700k/s to 5+M/s receiving. This lasts for a minute or so, then it returns to 64kb/s for several minutes and proceeds to return to indexing. This process repeats over and over. I have not tracked it but this seems to happen for each file. On the LG this folder had well over 3500 photos. I've moved many photos out of the sync folder. Sync now reports 2441 files, currently at 1830 synced and has only copied 3 files in the last hour, while I have watched it cycle "Indexing" and speeds as above. "Autoupdate Gallery" is currently disabled, hoping that it would allow sync to write files faster. This is also causing problems with other apps trying to read from the SD card. Poweramp frequently stops mid song apparently buffering. Camera seems to write new photos, but they don’t show in the gallery for hours, so media indexing isn’t able to read either. I hope that after the sync is complete, keeping current will be faster than catching up, but at this rate (3 files / hour) it will take 8 days solid, and I’m not on wifi most of the day so it’s going to be over 2 weeks to transfer 14gb. Moto G Plus 4th gen - Current system updates Sync - 2.3.9 (567) [Solved] Seems to be an issue with the specific card. Class 10 seems to not be very fast in this phone. never had problems with either of these Sandisk Ultra's before.... Samsung Evo U1 works fine.
  2. Looks like it's not a public beta like the other Apps I'm connected to, but a manually controlled list. The signup is here. https://blog.getsync.com/2015/11/24/announcing-early-access-to-sync-android-builds/ I'm sure you need to signup with your google account that you use in the play store.
  3. Must be part of the beta program. I remember clicking a link to signup for it, but my version never changed. There must not have been a beta at the time.... And now I can't find the signup link or the google plus community like the other betas I'm involved with. I'll keep looking, I want to update my wife to this build also so I can finally bring her phone to MM and get rid of the Rom Update Available notice.
  4. Update, New build of sync was listed in play store updates. Released 3/18/2016. This update seems to have fixed my issues. Indexing works fast, sync looks to be working on internal and external storage.
  5. I've seen several threads here, but wanted to add mine. I've been using Sync on 5.1 and previous on several rooted devices with the ExtSD write fix patch to sync my music and pictures. It's been great. But lets just focus on the music since it’s been a static set of files for quite some time. 826 files, 3.7gb. I've recently upgraded my LG G4 to Marshmallow and after the fact I find there is apparently no ExtSD write fix for 6.0. I don't expect that to stay the case, my LGOG e970 with NitrogenOS MM 6.0 Rom can write to ExtSD as always. Pretty sure I was running Sync 2.3.4 at this time. I've been trying to use Sync on my G4 periodically since the upgrade with no luck at all. After the upgrade the ExtSD path had changed so all of my sync folders were broken. At first I tried to remove them and re-add them one by one with the new SAF "ON SD CARD". That was extremely slow and not very responsive, Frequently it wouldn't accept clicking "Add folder", it would just sit there like nothing happened. This was without deleting the ".Sync" folder. So I stopped trying to add the rest of my folders again and just let it sit for a day or so to index. Updated to Sync 2.3.5 which claimed fixed getting stuck indexing on SD Card Folders continued to index. I think it was making progress. The file count in details was increasing, across a day and a half I index 250ish files.... That's insanely slow. Clears data from Sync and started over with a clean folder. Sync still says indexing, transfers have started, details reports size 1gb. But it seemed to be stuck there. I chose to “Exit” sync from menus, and it appeared to shut down properly. After restarting Sync, it listed “Database Error” next to my folder. I chose Exit again, then started to work on this post. I reloaded Sync to get some of the exact working of the buttons and labels and now it back to indexing. The Database error fixed itself? And suddenly the folder size is reporting 2gb (427mb synced). 445 Files (101 synced). It’s seems to me like it’s not even getting/processing the full file list. I also just tried removing the folder and reconnecting with a folder “ON PHONE” and while the file list seems to download within 10 minutes, the transfer has stalled out at 318mb and reverted to indexing. Details reports the proper 826 files 3.7gb. On my other devices the peers listing shows the G4 as offline. If I cycle wifi on the G4, for a moment it shows on the other devices as online and sending. The G4 peer list shows receiving, but the folder list still says indexing. Before I could actually post this the internal storage has finally decided to work. Music is has finished transferring to internal storage.