• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by robertpersons

  1. I have started using Resilio, but these stories give me pause.... especially if files get deleted simply because one PC was down a few days. Is everyone having this problem running Resilio 2.6.3? Are these problems limited to running Resilio on machines other than Windows? I'm wondering if an all Windows network might be more stable than syncing between other OS, like Unix which doesn't have the same level of time/date stamps.
  2. A free program called CCleaner has a tool which allows you to disable context menu items.
  3. Here is a screen shot showing my exact file/folder setup. The pane on the left shows the "Settings" folder which always disappears. The pane in the center shows the folders withing the "Settings' folder. The pane on the right shows the contents of one of the subfolders in the "Settings" folder. I have tried to rename the "test" folder to another name, such as "test hold", let that sync, then rename to "Test" (uppercase) and that works more often, but not reliable. I also tried turning off the trash option on all PCs (thinking the problem might be related to moving an archived version back in), but that did not help. I have noticed that when I change the case of the "test" folder on the main machine, I see the peer create a .Conflict folder, and when it resolves itself back into a single folder, then the settings folder is missing. So somehow the conflict resolution seems to be involved in the problem. Thank you for continuing to work on this!
  4. Yes. First I had both PCs at version 2.5.13 and it failed. Then I upgraded both to RC 2.6, exited and restarted them, and the problem persists.
  5. Start with a setup like this with both the originating PC and the peer being Windows 10 PCS: Sync folder ---- "Test" folder with files in it. ------An "Under Test" subfolder (with files in it) under the "Test" folder. Let this be synced with a peer. Rename "Test" folder to "test". Let the rename sync the change (all is good) Rename "test" folder back to "Test" Consistently the "Under Test" subfolder and it's file are deleted on both the originating PC and the peer. So changing case on a folder (not the sync folder, but a folder under the sync folder) back and forth between upper and lower case will delete any folders underneath it along with the files within those lower subfolders. I've been able to reproduce this consistently. I understand that it is challenging to handle case sensitive renames, this kind of thing breaks SyncThing too, although I couldn't get OneDrive to break in this way. This might seem like a rare situation, it is not so far fetched. I stumbled on it when I renamed a folder to upper case, and then later changed my mind and renamed it back to lower case... these kinds of things can happen. It wouldn't be so bad if RS created two folders, but it deletes folders underneath the renamed folder..that's dangerous. I suspect that since individual files in the renamed folder have specific HASH identifications they are kept, but subfolders don't have that, so they and their contents are lost. I replicated this with both the stable 2.5 release, as well as the latest 2.6 bets release candidate. This should be easy for one of your programmers to replicate. I love RS a lot, but this is a problem for me until it's fixed. Thanks!