Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'file name'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Resilio Sync
    • Sync General Discussion
    • Sync Troubleshooting
    • Sync for NAS (Network Attached Storage)
    • Sync Stories
    • Developers
    • Feature Requests

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. I recently abandoned SASS file synchronization in preference of DIY solutions, namely ownCloud and BitTorrent Sync, the latter of which I prefer for its design. I got excited about this and so I set it up on a few of my devices and everything was going just fine with new directories I made for trying things out. I felt ambitious and decided to sync a bunch of my existing files (for which I'd previously used GoodSync across devices). I was synchronizing my pictures folder when I noticed that after the first sync, BT Sync wouldn't continue to update files. I tried fiddling with the folder and advanced settings and I wasn't getting anywhere so I turned on debug logging...to no avail. Nothing stood out and nothing looked like the source of the problem. Then I remembered something: I'd moved a bunch of my pictures from my Mac system onto my (almost exclusively) Windows systems. Windows has restrictions on what characters are allowed in file names and Mac OS has none to my knowledge. Long story short, I ended up renaming two offending files: >@3.jpg