Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'number of files'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Resilio Sync
    • Sync General Discussion
    • Sync Troubleshooting
    • Sync for NAS (Network Attached Storage)
    • Sync Stories
    • Developers
    • Feature Requests

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. I have found a problem in the indexing code of BTSync. I had a huge problem when trying to Sync a huge folder. The size and number of files didn't matched. I have enabled the debug log, started a fresh installation of BTSync 1.3.94 on a Server 2003 machine. Indexing process stopped at about 15% of the size and files. The relevant part of the Sync.log file shows: [2014-05-01 09:47:41] SyncFilesController [file updated]: Processing file \\?\D:\Main\2009\A\Photo Reg Templates\PhotoReg Temp.doc 1350671957 157696[2014-05-01 09:47:41] SyncFilesController [file updated]: Processing file \\?\D:\Main\2009\A\Photo Reg Drafts 1344981169 0[2014-05-01 09:47:41] SyncFolderScanner: GetFileList failed for folder \\?\D:\Main\2009\A\Photo Reg Drafts - error -1[2014-05-01 09:47:41] SyncTrashFolder: Sync trash scan for folder "\\?\D:\Main\.SyncArchive" started, max file age = 30 days[2014-05-01 09:47:41] SyncTrashFolder: Sync trash scan for folder "\\?\D:\Main\.SyncArchive" finished Looking at the folder properties of \\?\D:\Main\2009\A\Photo Reg Drafts, I´ve found that somehow that folder had no owner in the security tab of that folder properties. Thus the folder was not accesible even for the Administrator. The Indexing process of BT sync stops as soon as it finds a non accesible folder due to this, reporting "error -1" in Sync.log (see dump above) and bypassing the rest of the folder tree. The troubleshooing was easy, I had to restore the ownership of that folder back to the Administrator. I then deleted the folder from BTSync and start again the whole indexing with a new secret. It is painful for all the nodes, but it solved the problem. I find more appropiate the indexing code to bypass the non-accessible folder and continue with the rest of the folder tree. This is why I consider this a bug in the indexing code. A warning tab reporting the issue to the user that that folder is unaccessible would be welcome. Thanks