Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'old files'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Resilio Sync
    • Sync General Discussion
    • Sync Troubleshooting
    • Sync for NAS (Network Attached Storage)
    • Sync Stories
    • Developers
    • Feature Requests

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 2 results

  1. Effected Machines: Android 4.4 BTSync Version: 1.4.63.0 Windows 10 BTSync Version: 1.4.? (I'll have to check the specific version when I get home) Overview of the issue: I have been using BTSync with few issues for quite a while between my work machine (Debian Testing), my home machines (Windows 10 and Windows 7) and my phone (Android 4.4). However this morning I copied a file to my a sync folder on my phone. I then noticed sync wasn't running (likely due to a restart at some point a week or more previous). I started up the Sync application and it notified me it was re-indexing that specific share and then proceeded to the sending state. Thinking all is well I checked my computer before heading to work and opened up my keepass file, which I keep synced so I have access to it on all my devices. I then noticed that the recent entries were missing from it which had been there the night before. It would seem that the Android client pushed its old version of that file to my peer network and I would assume other files in that share as well. The issue didn't really hurt me since, after learning my lesson several times, I have rsync do a nightly backup of all my files on my work machine but the issue remains and makes me very hesitant to continue relying on BitTorrent Sync. PS: I couldn't find a bug tracker for this so I assume this is the best place to report the bug.
  2. Hi guys, I was testing btsync to see if it could replace unison in my setup, and hit a very nasty bug that seems to be frequent for a couple of users (ie http://forum.bittorr...by-older-files/ ). As it seems to be reproducible in all my tests I decided to set up a very simple environment to reproduce it. I don't think the configuration matters much as people in the forum seems to have the issue with Windows and Mac as well but here it is anyway : btsync 1.0.134 debian sid on both nodes one is amd64 the other i386. Tested also with a freebsd 9 server (Nas4Free x64) use the package provided by http://debian.yeasoft.net/btsync conf on both node (running as the user letic) : { "device_name": "LeTic - btsync Server", "listening_port" : 0, "storage_path" : "/home/letic/.btsync2", "check_for_updates" : false, "use_upnp" : false, "download_limit" : 0, "upload_limit" : 0, "webui" : { "listen" : "0.0.0.0:8888" } } Here are the steps to reproduce (host A is 1386, host B is amd64) : On Host A : mkdir btsync_test cd btsync_test Create a 1M file : dd if=/dev/urandom of=1 bs=1024 count=1024 Create a 10M file : dd if=/dev/urandom of=2 bs=1024 count=10240 Check the resulting timestamp. ie for me : ls -la total 11268 drwxr-xr-x 1 letic letic 4 May 27 12:26 . drwxrwxr-x 1 letic letic 574 May 27 12:00 .. -rw-r--r-- 1 letic letic 1048576 May 27 12:09 1 -rw-r--r-- 1 letic letic 10485760 May 27 12:10 2 On Host B : mkdir btsync_test cd btsync_test Create simple 1 and 2 file : echo "blabla" > 1 echo "test" > 2 Check the resulting timestamp. ie for me : ls -la total 24 drwxrwxr-x 2 letic letic 4096 May 27 12:45 . drwxr-xr-x 89 letic letic 12288 May 27 12:45 .. -rw-rw-r-- 1 letic letic 7 May 27 12:45 1 -rw-rw-r-- 1 letic letic 5 May 27 12:45 2 On Host A and B enable debug with debug.txt and start the btsync daemon On Host B add the btsync_test folder through the webgui. I just click on generate and choose the folder (so it use the default writable conf) In the GUI I get : /home/letic/btsync_test - 12 B in 2 files On Host A add the key from host B and choose the corresponding folder File from Host A are uploaded on Host B and replace the files that had a newer timestamp. Here is the result on Host A : ls -la total 11292 drwxrwxr-x 3 letic letic 4096 May 27 12:50 . drwxr-xr-x 89 letic letic 12288 May 27 12:47 .. -rw-rw-r-- 1 letic letic 1048576 May 27 12:09 1 -rw-rw-r-- 1 letic letic 10485760 May 27 12:10 2 -rw-r--r-- 1 letic letic 32 May 27 12:48 .SyncID -rw-r--r-- 1 letic letic 783 May 27 12:48 .SyncIgnore drwxr-xr-x 2 letic letic 4096 May 27 12:48 .SyncTrash Stopped both daemons Of course I attached both debug log, Hoping it will help you. Let me know if you need any more info. Cheers LeTic PS : Also sent to support email synclogs.tar.gz