If You Have Sync Issue

kos13

I recently upgraded to version 1.1.27 and since then, during syncing I cannot stream from iTunes to either of my Apple TV 2 devices. I checked to see if version 1.1.33 or version 1.1.26 would fix the problem but that had the exact same issue.

I am now downgrading to version 1.1.22 to see if that will fix it.

Anyone have this same issue?

Disregard this post.

Edited by tredman

Making BTSync use TCP packets for LAN did not help, I believe this is because, for status messages, it still uses UDP (as seen in Wireshark).

So it would appear BTSync cannot handle UDP fragmentation well. In no way am I an expert or even knowledgeable about networking specifics so I have no idea what could be done here. It's not even clear to me on what level the fragmentation occurs or where there might be some possible influence over fragmentation. But this seems like a problem - there will probably be more people with little influence over their MTUs and no influence over the networking settings and hardware. Is there anything that can be done at the BTSync level here?

In reference to this earlier entry of mine:

I have tested setting the MTU to the lower value (the one set for the VDSL line by my ISP) on all machines and, lo and behold, everything works like a charm. So this is definitely a problem with BTSync's handling of MTU fragmentation on the UDP protocol. Will anything be done about this?

OS X 10.7.5:

1.1.42 crashed three times when i tried to remove folders:

Same steps for every crash:

In folder view I selected the [ - ], "do not show again", confirmed delete -> btsync completely disappeared after a few seconds and the debug-log stalled. No a single debug line indicating what happened (even after starting btsync again).

I'm using the latest version on both the Windows computers and my Android device. I have everything synced on all devices and I have Auto Sync turned on for the Android device. I have a document file that I'm editing on the Windows computers, one at home, one at work. Nearly every time that I make a change to the document file, the Android Sync will claim to have added the file (an older version) and the newest version will get moved to the .SyncArchive folder. This has happened over and over again for me to the point that I just pause the Android version so that it doesn't sync until I am done making changes. To me, it seems like the Android version is stuck and is refusing to get new changes and telling everything that it has the latest version of everything even when something changes. When I change a file on the Android device itself, everything things to work wonderful, but it is interfering with the Windows computers. I have had to recover files from my SyncArchive multiple times. I think I might just wipe out the sync folder and recreate it to see if the problem persists. As far as I can tell, I cannot get debug logging on the Android device.

I'm using the latest version on both the Windows computers and my Android device. I have everything synced on all devices and I have Auto Sync turned on for the Android device. I have a document file that I'm editing on the Windows computers, one at home, one at work. Nearly every time that I make a change to the document file, the Android Sync will claim to have added the file (an older version) and the newest version will get moved to the .SyncArchive folder. This has happened over and over again for me to the point that I just pause the Android version so that it doesn't sync until I am done making changes. To me, it seems like the Android version is stuck and is refusing to get new changes and telling everything that it has the latest version of everything even when something changes. When I change a file on the Android device itself, everything things to work wonderful, but it is interfering with the Windows computers. I have had to recover files from my SyncArchive multiple times. I think I might just wipe out the sync folder and recreate it to see if the problem persists. As far as I can tell, I cannot get debug logging on the Android device.

What version (build number) of desktop and mobile clients are you using?

What version (build number) of desktop and mobile clients are you using?

I'm using 1.1.42 on the desktop (Windows) and 1.1.19 on the mobile (Android) side. I've removed the folder on the Android and recreated it with Auto Sync. I change the file on the Windows side (it is a .docx) file, BTSync says that I updated the file, but then instead of syncing the file to the Android, the file is overwritten by the version on the Android claiming the file as added by my Android device. It is very frustrating.

The mobile version is asserting that all files that get updated by a different client have been added by it with a newer version. I've tested it with a lot of files and this seems to be fairly consistent on my setup. It have seen it with text, html, docx, css, and pl files.

Just notice the new version for android 1.1.21, even though there wasn't a new version of desktop as far as I can tell. I installed it and my problem seems to be fixed or at least not quite as obvious.

Hi,

i've just started playing around with Bittorrent Sync and got this problems:

A) Syncing 2 "big" directories simply never happens. After looing in log i found this recurring line:

[2013-07-19 19:15:29] Merge: failed to verify group signature of files message, aborting

Debug log show file name entries like this one:

[2013-07-19 19:19:29] Merge: will request files for /??????*

[2013-07-19 19:19:29] Merge: will request files for /????????? ?? ?????????*

[2013-07-19 19:19:29] Merge: will request files for /???????.ods*

[2013-07-19 19:19:29] Merge: will request files for /????? Hoffner*

[2013-07-19 19:19:29] Merge: will request files for /????? ????*

[2013-07-19 19:19:29] Merge: will request files for /????? ??????*

[2013-07-19 19:19:29] Merge: will request files for /??????*

I wonder if this has something to do with the folders no syncing.

It appears the software tried to send files message with this files, fails with the message given above and well, aborts.

Problem B)

I haven't really looked into it yet, but sync only manages about 20% of bandwidth given on LAN. I.e. samba manages about 100Mb/sec, while Bittorrent sync only 22-23.

My first idea was that it has something to do with UDP not being used, but i didn't test it thoroughly yet.

Any quick ideas/hints?

Thanks.

Dmitrijs

I have a question relating to .SyncArchive, probably not an issue application wise but an issue for how I am using it. I am syncing large video files on my local network however the .SyncArchive folder is just growing rapidly (currently using more space than the actual data I am syncing). Is .SyncArchive required for SyncApp to function properly, can I set the time period for SyncApp to 0 days ?

I can only sync a file once. I have set my sync to read only, and sync by tapping the file in "remote". This is good the first time. But if the remote file changes, and I tap the file the progress bar stops at "full" and the file doesn't sync. I've had this problem all versions.

Even if I delete the local file on my phone, and try to sync it again, it doesn't help.

The only solution is to delete the sync, and the local folder on the phone (the whole folder, otherwise it doesn't work). And then recreate the sync again.

I have a WD usb drive connected to a Raspberry Pi running btsync 1.1.48.

Recently over the last week I have been aware that the usb drive now rarely spins down and if it does its only a few seconds before it starts back up. I'm sure this has not always been the case although I couldn't say for sure at which version the problem started.

If I delete the sync's from my Windows 7 PC the drive spins down so it must be BTSync doing something to wake the drive up.

I can find the logs on my windows machine. Where will I find them on the Raspberry Pi?

I'm running BTSync 1.1.48 on a Win 7 machine - syncing to a Win 7 desktop over the web and to a laptop (Win 7 - right now on the LAN). the desktop reboots for updates and other things. BTSync doesn't properly shut down and when it tries to start up with Windows, it throws the error message "It seems like BitTorrent Sync is already running, but not responding. Please close all BitTorrent Sync processes and try again.".

I come back to the desktop and find this error; invoke Task Manager, select BTSync process, END PROCESS, and restart BTSync manually.

This is odd behavior - happening since upgrade to 1.1.48. Rebooting the machine should close out BTSync and allow it to restart on Win 7 restart.

Am I missing something here??

Hello,

I got a big strange problem... 1.1.48 here...

I have a directory, that has 3 files and a subfolder that have 4 files. That sync folder is located on a network location (NAS, with full permissions via Active Directory). The BTSync is running on a Windows 2008 (R1) x64 server.

The pc that is receiving those files, is on the internet. It has Vista x64. On that machine BTSync is gathering those files to a sync folder located on lan network location (a NAS, with full access on that folder)

What is happening is very strange and I don't know if I can even explain what's happening.

Basically, I'm now on a state that on the windows server btsync directory:

- 3 of the 4 files on the subfolder (including that subfolder) are moved inside .SyncArchive. Only 1 of the 4 files is ok and staying on that subfolder

- If I try to move those 3 files from .SyncArchive to the subfolder, after a while they are moved back again to the .SyncArchive by BTSync itself (explicit showned on the BTSync history tab)

- The 3 files that are on the root of the main sync folder are fine.

On the vista machine:

- The 3 files from the root on main sync folder are ok.

- The subfolder with the 4 files can't seem to be able to download and write them down... On the BTSync history tab it says "Failed to download subfolder\fileaaa.aaa - WriteToDisk Acess is denied

I already removed both syncfolders (from both sides), and add them again... nothing... still the same...

I uninstalled and installed again both BTSyncs on both sides... nothing...

Any one can help me??

If your secret is too long then the app cannot generate a QR code for mobile use.

I don't know the exact length of secret which causes the QR code to fail but either the QR code generator needs to have no character limit or the sync app needs to have a maximum character length to match the QR code generators

My post is here: http://forum.bittorr...n-does-nothing/

Linux client Version: 1.1.48

EDIT: After further investigation the formal standards for QR codes mean it should be able to handle Alpha-Numeric codes of up to 4296 characters, so that should be the upper limit for secret length.

Regardless of how long the secret can be there does need to be some form of feedback informing the user that the secret is too long for the QR code generator.

2ND EDIT: Okay so I used a third party QR code generator and the Android app can't even seem to scan a QR code for a 4296 character long qr code, so thats probably not a good upper limit, maybe bring it down a touch

Using Linux Web UI 1.1.48. I click on the gear icon next to a share. I type in

a bunch of pre-defined hosts. Now I want to delete one of them from the

middle of the list. I click the little grey X next to it. The wrong host

is deleted. It usually deletes on a last-added/first-deleted basis like

a stack.

Also, sometimes when I type out the dotted quad and port number of a new pre-defined host

and then click Add it doesn't appear in the list. I have to close the

dialog box and re-open it to get the new host to appear. So therefore it was added, but just didn't show up in the interface rendering.

This has been happening since 1.0.34. I kept thinking that surely someone else would report it before me and thus it would get fixed, but amazingly not. Surely I'm not the only one. It happens on all of my Linux Web UIs with consistency.

LInux ARM 1.1.48 on Raspberry Pi takes years to re-index.

Hello,

I updated my Raspebrry Pi from 1.1.42 to 1.1.48. After rebooting the indexing seems to be stuck.

I see no "(Indexing...)" and the data already indexed also does not change when I reload the webgui after a while.

For now it indexed less then 10 MB in 3 of 6 shares from a total of around 100 GB data, but it does not go on.

Anyone having the same problem or a solution for me?

Ill send an email with the debug to the devs later if it is not a problem caused from me.

Edit: Everything is indexeded now, except my iTunes folder. Maybe that index got currupted? But it is uploading now this folder and everything is fine then again (I hope).

@Devs: should I still send you a debug log of all this?