If You Have Sync Issue

kos13

acyclovir, Ethan,
I guess you checked it with “Auto Sleep” option both on and off, right? If yes, it looks like BTSync fails to start the core in a background to do actual sync. Could you tap “Feedback” on your iPhone, agree to send the logs and let me know the ticket ID you get? I’d like to understand what is happening on your Android.

Hi

The ticket number is (#8213) is not for iPhone, is for android Nexus 5

Thanks

Hello Pals, I have an issue with one terminal. My configuration is:

1. Machine as backup server. This is a debian linux machine that contains a folder per user. At this moment I have 8 users.

2. 9 "windows 7" clients.

I can see the 8 clients communicating correctly but one single machine never start the sync procces. I copy the secret to the client and starts indexing but it never connects to the server.  Everything is an lan and I have disabled all firewalls in order to troubleshoot. I don't know what more could be the problem. Is only one machine that doesnt work so I discard being the server the problem.

I am using bandwidth limiting option and put 20 in both upload and download. This doesn't seem to work. The sync still uses full link speed . I restarted the client, but the problem still exists. Any ideas?

Up/Down rate limits will only apply to remote (internet) transfers, not local (LAN) transfers - UNLESS you change the advanced "rate_limit_local_peers" setting to TRUE

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

The ticket number is (#8213) is not for iPhone, is for android Nexus 5

Thanks

Hi.

I have found a temp solution to keep sync on background in my andorid device.

Uncheck autosleep option
Uncheck Battery saver option
Uncheck show notification icon

Restart.

If app is opened, and then closed, autosync stops, have to restart device again, keeping app closed,  autosync will work all the time

It works for me

I've spent a little time reading the forums, admittedly not comprehensively, and I have come into a problem with the app.  I have 300 GB of files synced between three computers.  Two of these systems are Windows 8.1 and the third is Fedora 20 linux.  The master computer has four different folders that I'm syncing to the other two systems - Documents, Desktop, Downloads, and Sync folders.  The master is one of the 8.1 systems.  On the slave 8.1 system, there is a file -- sync.log -- in in the AppData/Roaming/Bittorrent Sync folder which is over 400 GB.  I'm not sure how this could happen and it kept growing until my hard drive was out of space, even when I deleted some other files.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is it safe to simply delete this file.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Yes, it's safe to delete this file!

It's also worth checking that debug logging is disabled (right click on Sync's system tray icon to check).

In future versions, the developers have also commented that there will likely be some form of "log rotation" to prevent the size of logs from spiraling!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys, i have a new issue since updating my Linux Sync to 106. I have a Linux Server with sync and a Raspberry with my nas mounted. The rasp has sync 24/7 running but the nas and the Server are not always on. Since 106 the sync instance on the rasp has to be rebooted once a day. I'm not sure what happened but its very anoying. With the old version oft sync it always worked very stable! How can i log it and what are exactly the changes of 106?

@Dersch

Can you please explain why you have to reboot RPI? What happens if you do not reboot?

It hangs on. My Android APP does not connect as well as the btsync service of my server and the Webinterface does not reply. If i restart the btsync service via terminal it cant stop the service but starts it. But then nothing happens again. I habe to reboot the rasp. The btsync service in the rasp is the only one for 24/7 run. My other Linux storage Server with btsync will just be startet if i need it. So his services are always fresh started. I cant geht the reason why the btsync service on the rasp is unable to run 24/7 after the update.

@Dersch

Some questions and things to check:

1. Which previous version you were using?

2. please execute next commands and supply me with their output:

ps -eo vsz,cmdnetstat -npt4

3. When you restart btsync - which command do you use? how do you know that it actually does not restart? 

4. Did you try to force-kill btsync (kill -9)?

Thanks!

@Dersch

Some questions and things to check:

1. Which previous version you were using?

2. please execute next commands and supply me with their output:

ps -eo vsz,cmdnetstat -npt4
3. When you restart btsync - which command do you use? how do you know that it actually does not restart?

4. Did you try to force-kill btsync (kill -9)?

Thanks!

1. Don't remember exactly but it was the previous before 106.

2.Linux raspberrypi 3.12.22+ #691 PREEMPT Wed Jun 18 18:29:58 BST 2014 armv6l

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ ps -eo vsz,cmd

VSZ CMD

2148 init [2]

0 [kthreadd]

0 [ksoftirqd/0]

0 [kworker/0:0H]

0 [rcu_preempt]

0 [rcu_bh]

0 [rcu_sched]

0 [khelper]

0 [kdevtmpfs]

0 [netns]

0 [writeback]

0 [bioset]

0 [crypto]

0 [kblockd]

0 [khubd]

0 [rpciod]

0 [khungtaskd]

0 [kswapd0]

0 [fsnotify_mark]

0 [nfsiod]

0 [kthrotld]

0 [VCHIQ-0]

0 [VCHIQr-0]

0 [VCHIQs-0]

0 [iscsi_eh]

0 [dwc_otg]

0 [DWC Notificatio]

0 [deferwq]

0 [kworker/u2:2]

0 [mmcqd/0]

0 [jbd2/mmcblk0p6-]

0 [ext4-rsv-conver]

2888 udevd --daemon

2884 udevd --daemon

2884 udevd --daemon

1752 /usr/sbin/ifplugd -i eth0 -q -f -u0 -d10 -w -I

1752 /usr/sbin/ifplugd -i lo -q -f -u0 -d10 -w -I

0 [cifsiod]

0 [cifsd]

27976 /usr/sbin/rsyslogd -c5

39112 /usr/sbin/apache2 -k start

39136 /usr/sbin/apache2 -k start

3828 /usr/sbin/cron

3180 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system

7292 ddclient - sleeping for 250 seconds

1760 /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe

316532 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/usr --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --plugin-dir= 1852 logger -t mysqld -p daemon.error

5384 /usr/sbin/ntpd -p /var/run/ntpd.pid -g -c /var/lib/ntp/ntp.conf.dhcp - 6216 /usr/sbin/sshd

2020 /usr/sbin/thd --daemon --triggers /etc/triggerhappy/triggers.d/ --sock 2352 /usr/sbin/vnstatd -d

46508 /usr/bin/minidlna -f /etc/minidlna.conf -P /run/minidlna/minidlna.pid

3748 /sbin/getty --noclear 38400 tty1

3748 /sbin/getty 38400 tty2

3748 /sbin/getty 38400 tty3

3748 /sbin/getty 38400 tty4

3748 /sbin/getty 38400 tty5

3748 /sbin/getty 38400 tty6

2068 /sbin/getty -L ttyAMA0 115200 vt100

0 [kworker/0:1H]

0 [kworker/0:0]

0 [kworker/0:2]

0 [kworker/u2:0]

9260 sshd: pi [priv]

9392 sshd: pi@pts/0

6360 -bash

4140 ps -eo vsz,cmd

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo netstat -npt4

Aktive Internetverbindungen (ohne Server)

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name

tcp 0 224 192.168.10.4:1025 82.113.98.107:48026 VERBUNDEN 6337/sshd: pi [priv

tcp 0 0 192.168.10.4:59110 192.168.10.5:445 VERBUNDEN -

tcp 0 0 192.168.10.4:1025 89.204.137.112:13265 VERBUNDEN 6065/sshd: pi [priv

pi@raspberrypi ~ $

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo service btsync restart

[....] Stopping btsync instance 'debconf-default':[....] Failed to stop btsyn[FAILtance debconf-default ... failed!

[ ok ] Autostarting btsync instance 'debconf-default':.

pi@raspberrypi ~ $

4. No

@Dersch

Okay, the output says that BTSync is not running and no one occupies its WebUI port. When issue happens, could you please try to stop your BTSync manually (killall btsync) and start it also manually not as service?

Hi Roman,

if i enter killall btsync i get the message no process found.

Can you give me some commands? I'm not that Linux pro. And many thanks for your help! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Backup folder on Anrdoid is not starting the download to other hosts (most of the time).

I have set up a backup folder on Anrdoid 4.4 (DCIM folder) and that folder is copied to three PC's. It worked fine for the beginning but then it started having troubles to upload. Now it seems completely dead. All I see is "Estimating download time" on phone and nothing is transferred and no activity seen on PC hosts as well. Screenshot:

http://imgur.com/FoADDQO

I have also one bidirectional sync folder on phone and it seems to work normally. I have tried following:

-pausing and unpausing backup foder, no effect

-restarting the sync app. When I choose Exit, I will see "Shutdown..." popup that will never close. App however seems to die when I hit home key. Restarting the app doesn't change anything.

-restarting phone, no help

PC version 1.3.106 Win7 64

Anrdoid ver 1.3.21.0 on HTC one M7

Any help appreciated! (I don't want to switch back to dropbox, but will if have to)

Säätäjä,

if its DCIM from internal SD card, try just re-adding the folder to Sync again and share the new secret with your PCs. 

If its DCIM from external SD card, it will not sync because BitTorrent Sync doesn't have rights to write its .SyncIgnore and SyncID to it (KitKat limits). I suppose you've started this backup before you had 4.4. on your phone? In this case there are two options: either use internal SD card or move the folder with photos to ~ Android/data/com.bittorrent.sync on external card. 

BItTorrent Sync backup will be adjusted for KitKat in future release.