download/upload speed problem

turag

I just got syncapp last night. I am trying to test it over a network, first couple of transfers worked like magic, the speed was crazy awesome. But then something went wrong the the max speed I am getting is like 150kB/s. Can anyone help me with this? do I need to use same ports on both device? will enabling DHT do any good? and what does the predefined host do?

Hi,

Could you please follow steps here

We will need logs to analyze the issue. But please note that on small files you could see a slower speed.

DHT is not required. This is option for users who want to go completely server less. It has some drawbacks, like lower chances of connecting peers. This is because whole punching of your NAT is less effective using DHT.

Predefined hosts is used when you have peer with static ip:port, you could configure it on peers, so they will know it right away.

Hi,

Could you please follow steps here http://forum.bittorr...-syncapp-issue/

We will need logs to analyze the issue. But please note that on small files you could see a slower speed.

DHT is not required. This is option for users who want to go completely server less. It has some drawbacks, like lower chances of connecting peers. This is because whole punching of your NAT is less effective using DHT.

Predefined hosts is used when you have peer with static ip:port, you could configure it on peers, so they will know it right away.

I have files average size of 120 MB. At very 1st attempt I used a 65MB file, then on 2nd run I used files average size of 80MB and total folder size was 4.2GB, both rounds transferred at an amazing speed. and now I am trying a total of 15.5GB of files (average size 120 MB, and the speed down to 130-150kB/s from 5MB/s.

and thanks for the fast reply :D

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue. I'm on a gigabit LAN, win7 x64 clients, and syncing a directory containing mostly jpegs (about 5MB each). Syncing is quite slow - about 1-2MB/s max. I tried a movie file with 1GB, and that went up to 25MB/s, but that is still slow considering a direct file copy does >100MB/s. If I copy the jpeg files using explorer, I get >50MB/s, even for several GB.

I have disabled LAN encryption and enabled TCP to increase speed, to no avail...