Randomly deleting files

hohums

I have a large amount of files being copied to about 3 machines that share bittorrent sync. The connections are occasionally paused / restarted etc... Anyway for some reason bittorrent decides to randomly remove files that are not even in the ignore list. I'm not sure if this is some usage pattern that is causing this however it is making it difficult to use.

I'm guessing the below feature requests might be workarounds however they would help me feel a lot safer. Anyway:

1) An option to never delete. This could be like the .syncingore file where we can specify what files to never delete or it could just be global.

2) An extension to the above. Keep track of all files marked for deletion and let us manually flush those files.

3) The option of having one directional sync so we could have masters and clients which don't upload changes.

4) An easy way to recover deleted files (ie recycle bin concept)

I'm sure you've probably already checked this, but are the contents of your .SyncIgnore files for the folder you're syncing the same across all devices? If they're not, this is one explanation as to why you could be seeing files "deleted"

Please see this thread for more information

The files being deleted are not in .SyncIgnore. Anyway thanks for the suggestion.

What build you are running?