[Now Implemented!] Corporate Proxy

gabor

Haven't had chance to start using Sync yet but this feature will likely be crucial for me.

I want to use a device insides my work network as a backup location for home pc and vice versa.

I don't know the details of the controls of my work network unfortunately but the more tools you can provide to make this transparent the better.

Sync doesn't support proxy for now, so if your company uses it, then you could synchronize only inside the company. We plan to add proxy support.

This is great. I also checked when I was at work and I saw it was not synchronizing. However, kos13, I also saw that you commented that we can sync inside the company. So you mean this does not refer to any external tracker of some sort and can directly find sync computers? (since we can't reach any tracker DHT etc when at work)?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We really need this. BTSync has some strong arguments against e.g. Dropbox by keeping data off the cloud. However this is useless for many if you cannot use it at work.

Dropbox any almost any other solution uses HTTPS to tunnel the traffic (which makes it easy to support proxies). You should even be able to tunnel UDP over HTTPS (ovenvpn does this), but if work was already done implementing TCP than this should be the better approach.

• 2 weeks later...

High priority is to make sure Sync works from corporate network. Proxy is just a part of this activity, which is quite easy to implement.

So... there's any specific time frame to get this implemented? I would prefer http/https proxy, but even socks5 could do the trick.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...