BitTorrent Sync has now gone public!

Yay! - BitTorrent Sync has now gone public!

Anyone can now download the latest builds at http://labs.bittorre...ments/sync.html

If you're still waiting for an invite to use BitTorrent Sync, or want the latest build, the wait finally is over! Just head to the above URL to download!

The latest build number is 1.0.116

Happy days! :D

Note: BitTorrent Sync still remains in "Alpha"

Happy for BT. Not looking forward to all the noise that is about to hit the forums though.

Ha! Tell me about it! I've been publicizing the public availability of BitTorrent Sync on some other forums this afternoon, and the overwhelming concern amongst those who haven't heard about BitTorrent Sync before is the common misconception surrounding the word "torrent" :(

Hi!

Very nice to see that it has matured this far. Congratulations! :D

Have used it in lan so far and it seems to behave very well. Not hugging to much resources and keeping things in sync very nice. Will hook up some more devices and see what happens. GJ and thank you for a very exciting new future ;)

/kewi

...is the common misconception surrounding the word "torrent" :(

Yeah, we need to come up with a clear example to explain what it does. Unfortunately my examples seems to compare it to other services which people might not know about either: "Think of it as AeroFS or Cubby DirectSync only built on top of Torrent technology." Also beware of the Trolls (Why not just use RSync?), they can suck up a lot of time. Anyhow I'm sure BT appreciates all the efforts you put into evangelizing their product.