Question about the webUI

Because I'd like to run this on a headless linux server, I'm obviously not going to be connecting from localhost. When I connect from a LAN interface on it's LAN IP I get "Invalid request" as shown below:-

VMzue8N.png

However, if I create an SSH tunnel so I'm connecting from localhost (In this case, 0.0.0.0:8889 --> localhost:8888) it works:-

GGSpk1S.png

Is there anyway to get BitTorrent Sync to accept LAN requests? Keeping an SSH tunnel open isn't really the most easy way of accessing it.

I have a similar problem. If I go to http://localhost:8888/gui/ I get "invalid request" but if I go to http://127.0.0.1:8888/gui/ then it works. It might be useful to know if either localhost:8888 or 127.0.0.1:8888 work for you. Mine works when I got to my DHCP IP address too. Just not "localhost".

Well, if I attempt to connect to localhost on my laptop (Not the headless server), I get access, same with 127.0.0.1:8888 and 192.168.88.250 (Laptop's LAN IP).

I think the secret here lies in the configuration file, you have something like this:

"webui" :

{

"listen" : "0.0.0.0:8888",

0.0.0.0 would indicate it's listening on all of the addresses present, and something like 127.0.0.1:8888 would be localhost only, etc. If you're using the default configuration, it should be 0.0.0.0, but I would check anyway.

I think the secret here lies in the configuration file, you have something like this:

"webui" :

{

"listen" : "0.0.0.0:8888",

0.0.0.0 would indicate it's listening on all of the addresses present, and something like 127.0.0.1:8888 would be localhost only, etc. If you're using the default configuration, it should be 0.0.0.0, but I would check anyway.

It is listening on every IP (0.0.0.0), however, once it accepts the connection, it issued a HTML page that declines your request (Invalid request).

Just pointing this out, it's also possible to configure directly without using the web UI by creating a configuration file (./btsync --dump-sample-config). Personally found this easier to set up.

I do use that, but, not for the folders (Just the data dir/authentication/etc). I like my applications web-based, means I can control everything from one application (Chrome) or on the go.

Sabnzbd, sickbeard, couchpotato, transmission, BitTorrentSync, Plex, /etc.

First off - sorry for hijacking this thread, but the invalid request! is hauntung me :)

I have SyncApp running on a Synology NAS.

After getting it running, i jump to my beloved Chrome Browser, only to get a invalid request.

Puzzeld about this, I start checking the config file I've made to see if there would be any errors.

Comparing it to the config i have on a similar Synology NAS in another location, that works like a charm, I find that they are alike.

So, I try throwing throwing the URL at IE, and boom - it works.

The NAS where the gui works in Chrome is a DS710+ running DSM 4.2

The NAS where the gui does not work in Chrome is a DS712+ running DSM 4.2

04.26.2013-13.06.png

First off - sorry for hijacking this thread, but the invalid request! is hauntung me :)

After getting it running, i jump to my beloved Chrome Browser, only to get a invalid request.

Puzzeld about this, I start checking the config file I've made to see if there would be any errors.

Comparing it to the config i have on a similar Synology NAS in another location, that works like a charm, I find that they are alike.

I personally fixed this by removing all cookies with "GUID" in the name, which I believe plex uses (SESSION_GUID). Here's the list of cookies I have for the host I was having issues with (Along with SESSION_GUID):-

QXNKZRk.png

See if you have any cookies likee that for your host, or, try a different connection route (Either tunnel to it, or use the host name instead of IP and visa versa)

04.26.2013-13.06.png

I personally fixed this by removing all cookies with "GUID" in the name, which I believe plex uses (SESSION_GUID). Here's the list of cookies I have for the host I was having issues with (Along with SESSION_GUID):-

QXNKZRk.png

See if you have any cookies likee that for your host, or, try a different connection route (Either tunnel to it, or use the host name instead of IP and visa versa)

Worked out why, I had another cookie from the same server (Hosts quite a few web-based items) that had the word "GUID" in it, I exported & removed said cookie, loaded up the bittorrentsync webUI, it assigned the "GUID" cookie, then imported "SESSION_GUID" back in.

All works fines.

What he said.

What he said.

That post is probably one of the best posts I've seen in all my years, the level of detail and the amount of examples used is just top notch. The explaining as well, it's just purely and simply top notch.

Personally, if I were you, I would sign up to some sort of writing competition, you're blow all the other contestants out of the water. If I only I were 1/100th of the writer you were I'd still be 1,000 times what I am now.

That post is probably one of the best posts I've seen in all my years, the level of detail and the amount of examples used is just top notch. The explaining as well, it's just purely and simply top notch.

Personally, if I were you, I would sign up to some sort of writing competition, you're blow all the other contestants out of the water. If I only I were 1/100th of the writer you were I'd still be 1,000 times what I am now.

You are an amazing judge.