Easier option then the "SyncIgnore List"

I was just wondering if there will ever be an easier option for this.

I am very grateful of this application, but for average computer users (like my family and most friends) its complicated for them to figure out a way to download only certain files from me.

And I am afraid they may delete some of my files with the SyncIgnore.

So, what I am wondering is will there ever be a way for BTSync to have somewhat of a directory for downloading.

Like a download hub if you have one read/write computer and the others are just read.

Was wondering if this would be implemented in the future?

Because of right now it gets the job done it's just a bit of a hassle.

And yes I know of soshareit that is also time consuming if I am wanting to do many files at once.

but for average computer users (like my family and most friends) its complicated for them to figure out a way to download only certain files from me.

And I am afraid they may delete some of my files with the SyncIgnore.

Have you considered then just providing family/friends with a "read-only" secret instead? That way they'll be able to "download" files, but won't be able to inadvertently delete files from your machine?

GreatMarko's suggest to use read-only "one-way" sharing will hopefully be the easiest and best solution for you.

If you're CLI saavy in Windows and/or UNIX, you can use links to pull in only certain live data to a folder you share with family (read-only or read-write, as appropriate for your case). Then you can make updates/modify the files in their original locations on your drive and those updates will automatically be shown in the shared BTSync folder(s). The beauty of using links is that there is no duplication of data on your drive, and you don't have to remember to copy the updated files into the BTSync folder(s).

If you have this skillset, here's a lot more info I wrote on the subject:

Whichever OS you're using, links are available. There are slight differences in names and how they work, but all roughly equivalent. Windows, MacOS, and Linux.