Sharing a library with a preview feature?

z0m813

+1

Would be a very awesome features. I don't want all of my clients sync every single file in some folders. It would be cool if you were just able to right click, select something like "Sync this file..." and from now on this very special file would get synchronized.

Perfect for sharing music/videos/photos/whatever.

If it's not possible via Finder (might be a problem I guess...) (or Explorer) it would be ok to just have a small interface.

On top of this, I request that we can say "Download X many bytes", and, then the bittorrent protocol tries to spread the bytes out.

Say I have a 10GB share, and, 10 clients saying "Download a max of 1GB", then, it'd spread 1/10th to each client so that anyone else that comes out of the woodwork asking for all 10GB could download it fine, downloading 1GB from each partial node.

On top of this, I request that we can say "Download X many bytes", and, then the bittorrent protocol tries to spread the bytes out.

Say I have a 10GB share, and, 10 clients saying "Download a max of 1GB", then, it'd spread 1/10th to each client so that anyone else that comes out of the woodwork asking for all 10GB could download it fine, downloading 1GB from each partial node.

Hmm.

In your scenario it could take years (until infinity) until User X would have grabbed File Y. Why? Because User Z does not want to turn his PC on in the next year ;). Of course you could change it to something like "Download a max of 2GB per peer" when you have got a 10GB share and 10 clients. I think it would only make everything more complex.

The proper solution would be scheduling (including scheduled speed throttling) and some limits like "Upload max XGB per day" per client.

Hmm.

In your scenario it could take years (until infinity) until User X would have grabbed File Y. Why? Because User Z does not want to turn his PC on in the next year ;). Of course you could change it to something like "Download a max of 2GB per peer" when you have got a 10GB share and 10 clients. I think it would only make everything more complex.

The proper solution would be scheduling (including scheduled speed throttling) and some limits like "Upload max XGB per day" per client.

What I mean is the PEERS choose how much they want to download, obviously if there's more space that peers want to accept after 1 copy is distributed, then it'll download more.

Currently, bittorrentsync is limited to the smallest drive. If I want to share between me (1TB), my friend (2TB) and my dad (500GB), my friend and I are limited to 500GB

What I mean is the PEERS choose how much they want to download, obviously if there's more space that peers want to accept after 1 copy is distributed, then it'll download more.

Currently, bittorrentsync is limited to the smallest drive. If I want to share between me (1TB), my friend (2TB) and my dad (500GB), my friend and I are limited to 500GB

Ahhh. Yeah. Sorry, I didn't read your first reply properly. My bad.

It sounds perfectly reasonable! Very good idea!