Installation without admin rights on Windows?

Sawyer007

You can't install it without admin rights, but you can install it in a non-admin account. You will need to input your admin password to install or run it. But, as long as you check the "Start BitTorrent Sync when Windows Starts" box, it will run each time non-admin user logs in.

Well yeah to bad. There shouldnt be a problem I mean utorrent runs just fine without admin.

So does dropbox which is a greta solution if it had no cloud. However I found now AeroFS which is a dropbox copy without the cloud which should also do the trick. Maybe in the future non admin install could be considered?

Hmmm... I've not tried installing on a limited user account on Windows, however, you might run into problems allowing BitTorrent Sync through the Windows firewall, as this usually requires Administrative privileges.

Windows firewall doesn't stop outgoing connections. The techniques that BTSync uses to NAT Punch work just as well on the windows firewall.