HOWTO share files on ubuntu

xhystos

Hello, I am a new user.

Can't find out how to share files (or folder) with other computers.

According to GUI (on my web browser) my folder is synchronized, I can get the secret key... but what am I supposed to do with this? Is there a link you can email?

Been reading User Guide though, but it didn't make things any clearer.

My OS is Ubuntu 12.10.

The key is to both identify which folder on which device needs sharing, and to act as a security key.

To share a folder that you've already entered into BTSync on another computer, get that other computer to specify which folder they'll receive your data in, then instead of generating a key, paste the key from your original computer.

Basically, how it works if your computer advertises "Hey, does anyone have the same private key as me? YooHoo, I'm bored. Please, please, please, someone contact me", when someone else with the same private key as you (E.G. you give them it, they set up a folder that uses the same private key, they start to sync) then they'll connect and stay in sync. I don't believe there's a limit on the amount of computers you can have in sync, although, there's probably a execution limit (Before your RAM gets killed by the mass amounts of 'computer' objects or when some collection array hits it's cap (2^16? 2^32? 2^64?).