0.0kB/s

neerdeth

Two computers: A & B.

A has the source files. B is the backup.

I deleted some files and folders in $RECYCLE.BIN directory on B.

On B, when I look at the "Transfers" tab, it shows three files starting with a "$", all showing 0.0kB/S.

I assume I deleted them wrong.

Any suggestions how to fix? or just wait for next version?

It doesn't affect the sync'ing process, just annoying.

Thanks!

I'm curious why you mentioned Recycle Bin. You didn't Share your entire C:\ drive did you? :-)

In my experience, BTSync will give you the 0.0 kB/s transfer status for files that are locked by the operating system or an application. Once the file locks are resolved, they will transfer.

In my experience, BTSync will give you the 0.0 kB/s transfer status for files that are locked by the operating system or an application. Once the file locks are resolved, they will transfer.

I've experienced quite the opposite -- I've been able to transfer files that are locked by the operating system.

I'm curious why you mentioned Recycle Bin. You didn't Share your entire C:\ drive did you? :-)

not C drive, but the entire D and E drives, both external.

In fact, last I checked, windows stores $RECYLCE_BIN files for all hard-drives, so, if you move to another computer you can still remove files, and, also save on moving files between drives when deleting them, thus, he could of shared anything from his C:\ drive all the way down to his 128MB SD card.

EDIT:-

I should probably read ahead in the thread.

Anyway, I would seriously add all operating system files to .SyncIgnore, so, .thumbs, $RECYCLE_BIN, your page file (I believe windows uses external drives for page files?), etc...

Don't do this. :P

Seriously, though. It's a bad idea. You're now syncing tons of very small, temporary, and often access-locked files that will never complete (Recycle Bin, Registry, many others). You're just asking for trouble. If you want disk-level cloning, BTSync is not what you want. Look at Acronis TrueImage or Macrium Reflect.

If you just want to sync all of your user data, which Windows does a decent job of organizing under your profile now, take a look at this thread: http://forum.bittorr...e-the-smart-way

You can edit the script to add in other folders you may want that are atypical or outside your profile.

EDIT: it just occurred to me that if these are not your C: drive, you may only have data on these drives, not Windows and applications. In that case, just add the Recycle Bin folder to your .SyncIgnore and see if that helps. Remember to restart BTSync after modifying .SyncIgnore.

EDIT: it just occurred to me that if these are not your C: drive, you may only have data on these drives, not Windows and applications. In that case, just add the Recycle Bin folder to your .SyncIgnore and see if that helps. Remember to restart BTSync after modifying .SyncIgnore.

ok, on the B computer, I added $* to the ignore list, and now it works fine.

Thanks for the help.

Since when is:-

A. Registry a file located on an external drive?

And, at the risk of sounding stupid:-

B. Registry a file what-so-ever?

Later in the post I realized he was using D: and E:, which could be external drives without live Windows installation, although not necessarily.

The registry hives are indeed files.These files are kept in the %windir%\System32\Config directory:

• Software
  • System
  • SAM
  • Security
  • UserDiff

There is also %userprofile%\NTuser.dat.

For more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Registry#Windows_NT-based_operating_systems

Later in the post I realized he was using D: and E:, which could be external drives without live Windows installation, although not necessarily.

The registry hives are indeed files.These files are kept in the %windir%\System32\Config directory:

• Software
  • System
  • SAM
  • Security
  • UserDiff

There is also %userprofile%\NTuser.dat.

For more info: http://en.wikipedia....erating_systems

Well, I just learnt something. I never really thought about it, but, I would have guessed that the registry was stored somewhere out of the file system, no idea where, but..

Well, I just learnt something. I never really thought about it, but, I would have guessed that the registry was stored somewhere out of the file system, no idea where, but..

Microsoft/Windows just likes to make things more difficult for very little good (if any!) reason. :-)