Simple config files in the folders so I can use SSH tunnel or whatever.

coewar

Using Git as an example, on Linux or Windows, in the .git folder there is bunch of cool stuff and all the configuration and everything is there. Since BTsync has this .SyncTrash folder and also a couple of other files in the folder's root (on Windows anyway), it would make sense to put 100% of the configuration of a folder in some .BitSync folder or something like that.

The configuration to include in there would be the Remotes.

What I would like, is to override the hosts to use like 127.0.0.1 and port xxxx as I want to channel it through an SSH tunnel in certain situations where the FW rules are already in place and we have our own security credentials, etc.

Using the Windows GUI "Use predefined hosts" is not working at all.. it is not attempting to make a connection to the local IP/port I specify that I've created a tunnel for.

But anyway, great product idea.. I've actually been working on my own version just a few weeks ago.. using a combination of Git and WinSCP. Your solution has a much nicer "package" and handles the large files better of course.

Actually, I happen to be researching right now how to tunnel UDP as we have another need for this. Just found this loaded article on that;

http://wiki.networksecuritytoolkit.org/nstwiki/index.php/Tunnelling_UDP_Traffic_Through_An_SSH_Connection

However... BitTorrent sync has this option "lan_use_tcp" which you can set to True.. so .. that really should do the trick, if it did what it says it's doing. Because by adding the host of "127.0.0.1:xxx" it really should be trying to use LAN I guess.. and hence use TCP.