Sign in to follow this  
coewar

Where does Windows version store any configurations?

I know the Windows version is lagging.. but where are any of the settings stored now?

There is nothing in the Program Files folder other than BTSync.exe.

There is nothing useful in the folders' themselves. .SyncID has some binary crap (is that the config?) and then there is just .SyncIgnore and .SyncTrash folder.

I can not find any of the settings in the Registry.

ahh.. there it is. Thanks. It was actually under Roaming in my setup. Not that it does much good with this binary data file right now. Why AppData? Hoping for the day it's just simply stored in a text file with the folder. No reason to buy into the Microsoft Windows complex way to store settings when the simple Linux way of "it's just right there in a text file" would work perfectly fine in Windows also.

Not that it does much good with this binary data file right now.

It's not exactly binary, it's the so called Bencode format so it's easy enough to unravel but ugly enough to make XML look pretty.

There is, however, a ".fileguard" tag that looks like some sort of checksum of the rest of the file; I expect you'll have to fix that if you want to make any changes.

I wonder why they bothered with the checksum?

‚Äč Nevermind, it's a utorrent thing, just delete the ".fileguard" tag and you can do anything you like to the file.