Bit Tracker

Hi There Admin!

Thanks for your time putting the effort providing us with a wonderful app! So far I switched completely from dropbox over to SyncApp. Only have dropbox to store txt secrets of my folders =)

I know you have options of Bit Tracker. I honestly dont trust any tracker these days since the tracker have our secrets.

I was wondering if you guys ever gonna run a bit tracker for SyncApp?

I rather trust my secrets in your hands then anyone else.

-Cardin

There is already a tracker for BitTorrent Sync (See "Use Tracker server" option in each shared folder's preferences)

Taking a completely wild and completely unwarranted guess at what he really means, I'm assuming that what he wants is a username & password login which then offers you a list of all your secrets, rather than you having to remember them all.

Only reason I speculate that this is what he means is that why on earth would he said "I trust my secrets in your hands" if he was talking about a bittorrent tracker? I assume he means a secret tracker/holder/monitor.

you guys were all pretty close to what I meant.

I know that each folder we can set a tracker for each folders shared.

what I was asking ....is Bit Torrent running a tracker within the BitSync applications...........I'm asking if they are running one for us..

thats what I meant.

The option is there for us.......I know that...

right now I use hamachi to link all my computers together and use bitsync to do the syncing. If theres no hamachi then the computers wont see each other.

Thats why I'm asking if BIt Torrent would run a tracker for us to use with bitsync.

right now I use hamachi to link all my computers together and use bitsync to do the syncing. If theres no hamachi then the computers wont see each other.

Thats why I'm asking if BIt Torrent would run a tracker for us to use with bitsync.

I'm still unclear exactly what it is you're asking!? I also run Hamachi to essentially put all my computers on the same "LAN" - this allows BitTorrent Sync to "directly" connect to each. However, even with Hamachi disabled, BitTorrent Sync will still connect to my other devices via the BitTorrent relay server (instead of directly)

you guys were all pretty close to what I meant.

I know that each folder we can set a tracker for each folders shared.

what I was asking ....is Bit Torrent running a tracker within the BitSync applications...........I'm asking if they are running one for us..

thats what I meant.

The option is there for us.......I know that...

Pretty sure they do run a tracker, although, I'm talking about a bit-torrent tracker, as per here:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_tracker

Basically, all the devices connect and say "I have secret ABC", "I have secret DEF", "I have secret GHI" and the tracker says "Wait, I know someone else who has secret XYZ, here's their IP:- 127.0.0.1"

I'm still unclear exactly what it is you're asking!? I also run Hamachi to essentially put all my computers on the same "LAN" - this allows BitTorrent Sync to "directly" connect to each. However, even with Hamachi disabled, BitTorrent Sync will still connect to my other devices via the BitTorrent relay server (instead of directly)

Or just port forward and they can continue to talk directly.

Pretty sure they do run a tracker, although, I'm talking about a bit-torrent tracker, as per here:-

https://en.wikipedia...Torrent_tracker

Basically, all the devices connect and say "I have secret ABC", "I have secret DEF", "I have secret GHI" and the tracker says "Wait, I know someone else who has secret XYZ, here's their IP:- 127.0.0.1"

Or just port forward and they can continue to talk directly.

Ok then we dont need a tracker then. IF computer A & B are in seperate locatoin (california and washington) without hamachi they should beable to find each other from the relay server??

Ok then we dont need a tracker then. IF computer A & B are in seperate locatoin (california and washington) without hamachi they should beable to find each other from the relay server??

Yes, that is the purpose of the Relay Server option in BitTorrent Sync to act as a "middle man" allowing your devices that cannot connect directly to instead connect via the relay server

If they're not port forwarded, they (so my understanding is) both should connect to the relay server and it should act as a proxy between the two clients.

If one (or more) is/are port forwarded, then, they should connect directly.

They will still use a tracker, but, a bittorrent tracker isn't what you think it is, it purely helps peers find each other, however, once they make the connection, they don't share any more data with the tracker (Well, they do, they continue to say "I have this secret!", but, they don't send the data they're syncing through the tracker).