unknown downloads on one device

I have btsync on 3 desktops and a laptop - all running Win 7 - 3 on one LAN and 1 across the net.

One desktop (on LAN) has unusual Download messages popping up right now

Most of them say:

Download Complete

T???.ithmb has finished downloading

Occasionally one will say: Download complete Photo Database finished downloading.

I am only sharing one top level folder (it has about 90 subfolders; total size is under 1GB). Almost all of the files are photos. I hope to use btsync on many more folders/files when I have more confidence that I won't lose files due to "operator error"

The folder had some changes to it yesterday, so I would have expected that all of the indexing and syncing would have been done within an hour or so of those changes. This is almost 24 hours later.

This was just happening on one desktop; not the other devices (or at least I didn't see it on them).

So, is this indicative of indexing?

What is a T???.ithmb file used for?

Since I started writing this post, the popups have stopped. Still curious, though........

I did use iTunes to sync that folder (& sub folders) to my iPad yesterday from the other desktop. So, that explains part of it.

What I don't understand is why it showed up today on one of the devices and I didn't see any popups yesterday on the other 2 devices. And, why these files causing the popup action and not others?

What I don't understand is why it showed up today on one of the devices and I didn't see any popups yesterday on the other 2 devices

I've noticed that balloon notifications can persist on the screen until there's mouse movement/key presses, etc. For instance, I have a couple of headless WHS (Windows Home Servers) servers running BitTorrent Sync. When I remote desktop into these I'll quite often see lingering balloon notifications from Sync that a file had finished downloading (even though that action had occurred several hours/days earlier)

And, why these files causing the popup action and not others?

Well, it may be that your *ithmb files are simply the last files to sync in each directory? So essentially, if a lot of files are changing at the same time, BitTorrent Sync may generate balloon notifications for them all in very quick succession, with the last file that's sync'd being the last balloon notifications, and hence this will persist on your screen for longer?