What am I syncing with BitTorrent Sync?

I need to syncronise a folder on computer A with similar folder on computer B.

Great, I included the first folder, one on the computer A, got the secret etc. and went to the computer B and added the computer A folder. Nice, but there is no option to tell BitTorrent Sync to connect these two folders. Practically, as far as I can see BitTorrent Sync is synchronising a choosen folder with a blue younder.

How do I tell BitTorrent Sync which two folders to synchronise with each other?

How do I tell BitTorrent Sync which two folders to synchronise with each other?

BitTorrent Sync will automatically attempt to find and synchronize all other folders that have that same secret! :)

If these other devices are on the same LAN, BitTorrent Sync will search the LAN.

If these other devices are all on different networks/different locations, BitTorrent Sync will use a relay server to establish connections

...either way it's all automated!

OK, thanks. So, is this how it works:

- Go to folder "test-1" on computer A, get a secret,

- Go to folder "test-2" on computer B, put a secret from "test-1",

Now BitTorrent Sync on computer B will sync "test-2" with "test-1".

Questions are:

- is "test-1" now master, or BT Sync simply updates the last changed one,

- I just want to update a single file, not a whole folder, how can I prevent undesirable updating?

- is "test-1" now master, or BT Sync simply updates the last changed one,

No, if both devices have the "full access" secret, either one is considered a "master" - updates to either will propagate to the other

- I just want to update a single file, not a whole folder, how can I prevent undesirable updating?

You could possibly make use of the .SyncIgnore file, however, this is geared more towards excluding files in the directory from sync (rather than specifying which ones to include)

No, if both devices have the "full access" secret, either one is considered a "master" - updates to either will propagate to the other

OK, so it means that if I put Read/Write secret on "test-2" than "test-2" will become slave, and if I put only Read secret on "test-1" it will become master. Practically, only "test-2" will be always updated after changes in "test-1", but "test-1" will never be updated by BitTorrent Sync. At least I want my "test-1" to be master.

im getting this on every single old or just made foldder when i try to use the old secret

This means the secret you're using is already being used by another folder you're syncing on that device. You can't have two separate folders on the same device using the same secret.

Yeah read the second post wrong. Was thinking more in the line.

Computer A with folder Pictures and has a secret "blabla" connects to computer B in folder Pictures when I set the secret "blabla"

Now If I find more pictures on computer A in a folder Christmas 2012 which I dont want to move around or copy. That I would just add the folder to bittorent sync and use the same secret "blabla" and it would merge this picturres on computer B.

So it cant work that way. Pitty because this pictures are 8GB movies -_-

Yeah, this software is definitelly not intuitive to use. I followed instructions, and it actually deleted my "slave" copy file. Phhhh!

Why this negative selection? Say I have 100 files in a directory, but I want to sync only 1. That means that I have to select 99 files. Isn't just easier to select one file!!!