[SOLVED] Sync crashes when trying to connect

So, I've created a new empty folder with a read-only secret to sync to another remote folder.

Sync keeps some seconds "Pending receipt of master secret", and then crashes...

Got Windows XP SP3. The dump file ( 16777332-sync.d1c0.dmp ) is too long to attach it here, so I've selected "submit to the developers" after crash.

What can I do to sync with this folder?

Thanks in advance ;)

Thanks for your help.

No, its a 32-bit version. And I was syncing other folders before, with any issue...

I think there's some trouble with the remote folder. I'ye tried he same in another machine with linux mint (also worked fine before) and now I can't open the Sync gui...

How can I stop Sync, erase that folder from it, and restart it in Linux?

EDIT: The folder wasn't added. The Sync daemon simply stopped itself and I only had to restart it. But every time I try to connect with this "read-only secret" the daemon stops (as windows Sync crashed in the other PC), and a dump file is created.

It doesn't happen with other secrets... Can it be the secret? Some problem in the remote folder? ... any idea?

Are you running a 64-bit build of Windows XP SP3? If so, this will be the reason for this error.

BitTorrent Sync is only supported on 32-bit versions of Windows XP, and SP3 is also required.

Windows XP x64 is the EXACTLY same as Windows 2003 x64, which means it never got an SP3.

(The service packs for XP x64 and Win2003 x64 are in fact the same file.)

Thanks for your help.

No, its a 32-bit version. And I was syncing other folders before, with any issue...

I think there's some trouble with the remote folder. I'ye tried he same in another machine with linux mint (also worked fine before) and now I can't open the Sync gui...

How can I stop Sync, erase that folder from it, and restart it in Linux?

EDIT: The folder wasn't added. The Sync daemon simply stopped itself and I only had to restart it. But every time I try to connect with this "read-only secret" the daemon stops (as windows Sync crashed in the other PC), and a dump file is created.

It doesn't happen with other secrets... Can it be the secret? Some problem in the remote folder? ... any idea?

To reset BTSync ....

Kill the daemon with something like:

$ kill `cat .sync/sync.pid`

Remove the current state by deleteing the .sync directory:

$ rm -rf .sync

If you used a config file you can reuse it, if you added the shared through the GUI you'll have to add them again.

As for what's happening; all I can suggest is you turn on debugging and post a bug report.

It looks like you are trying to use one-time secret on more than one machine. One-time secret can be used only once. If you enter it again on another machine, it will never be resolved.

That's exactly what I did. I discarded this download and no more issue.

Also restarted the linux daemon as you told me. Can you mark this post as solved?

Thanks again ;)