Can this software do this?

We have 40 computers at a lan center. If we build one pc to be the master can it fix our steam issue. Where teamfortress 2 has to update non stop. The question is if anyone did this with a few pc's at their house with steam or any mmos like tera. If we put this on a main server and had 40 machines sync to it. If someone launches team fortress 2 and it has a 1 gb patch will it half to xfer the whole game or just anything that was changed from the last time it syced to the server.

Also how often does this software check to see if a file was changed? We have 500+ games installed and I don't want it doing this non stop just on demand per game. Any way to set it up as such?

I have same problem with you, you can try the solution above...

create temp folder, and btsync to the temp folder , after 100% transfer done, copy temp folder content return the folder you want them to...

but I found btsync currently not suitable to do our work, still have so much issue for us...

I am creating our own btsync like app several month ago...

If someone launches team fortress 2 and it has a 1 gb patch will it half to xfer the whole game or just anything that was changed from the last time it syced to the server

Also how often does this software check to see if a file was changed? We have 500+ games installed and I don't want it doing this non stop just on demand per game. Any way to set it up as such?

Please see "Can I control how frequently syncing occurs?" and "When a file changes, does BitTorrent transfer the entire file again, or just the part that's changed?" in the Unofficial FAQ