High CPU Usage

I have seen this mentioned before, but haven't seen any resolutions.

I had a Zyxel NSA-221 that I was able to install btsync 1.0.116 without any issues. It ran fine, but was extremely slow and constantly ran the CPU at 100% even when idle.

So, I purchased a QNAP TS-219II to replace it. I was able to get this up and running fine as you can see here.

Now, it doesn't usually run at 100%, but it is above 60% more than it's not, it would seem. I was watching it this morning after making sure that there were no other devices connected. I also made sure to wait until any indexing was complete. I watched it go between 93% and 1%, but mostly staying at around 60-70%

Here is a screenshot of it at 93% with no devices attached and no indexes running.

post-22820-0-20731500-1367933661_thumb.j

I know this is still alpha, but should it be running that high when idle?

Eddie

post-22820-0-20731500-1367933661_thumb.j

I know this is still alpha, but should it be running that high when idle?

It's never "idle" as such, as BitTorrent Sync is continually monitoring files in the background in real time. The amount of CPU usage, however, does appear to be directly related to the total number of files BitTorrent Sync is monitoring (i.e the more files being monitored, the higher the CPU usage)

There's plenty of posts on high CPU usage this around the forum, for instance, here here here and here ...so the devs are certainly aware of high CPU levels across all platforms. Of course, at present, BitTorrent Sync is still in "alpha", therefore the focus has been on getting things working & stability... "optimization" I'm sure will come in due course!

• 1 year later...