Latest Sync Build: 1.1.70

Why is there no update to this thread? Also, http://syncapp.bittorrent.com/1.1.82/ does not exist and there is nothing reported when trying to update from within the apps.

Because this Thread isn't started from the Team.

The update checker functionality is broken or not implemented (on click is just staticly says that this is the new version even if it's not)

You can always grab the latest update on the main page in the download section

The update checker functionality is broken or not implemented (on click is just staticly says that this is the new version even if it's not)

This is wrong on so many levels…   :)

edit: GreatMarko missed one of your points: "You can always grab the latest update on the main page in the download section" is definitely not true. That's why there are dedicated download urls are published in the first post of this thread.

1) This thread was started by kos13 - the lead member of the BitTorrent Sync team

2) The update checker is NOT broken - not every "beta" build is pushed out via auto-update

3) Please see this post

Well ok didn't do my homework right on 1)

but on 2 and 3: if they have a beta phase going on and they fix bugs and they have an update checker build in why don't they use it? If they have a version that is not secure or stable they won't release it but if it is why don't they make use of the update machanism build into the app?

/e "2) The update checker is NOT broken - not every "beta" build is pushed out via auto-update" and why do they put the new version on the download page while the update button says that the current, old, version is the latest.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I downloaded and installed Synch on Friday on two pc's and got version 1.1.82 from the download link. Neither one worked at all with no useful errors shown in the debug logs or in the event viewer. Neither device would show in either listing. On the advice of a colleague I downgraded to 1.1.69 and everything worked immediately. Anyway as I say just in case it helps I said I would report it here.

Cheers.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I downloaded and installed Synch on Friday on two pc's and got version 1.1.82 from the download link. Neither one worked at all with no useful errors shown in the debug logs or in the event viewer. Neither device would show in either listing. On the advice of a colleague I downgraded to 1.1.69 and everything worked immediately. Anyway as I say just in case it helps I said I would report it here.

Cheers.

Hi, boneill81

It would be nice if you could reproduce the problem again and send feedbacks with logs from every devices.

Hello, we've just developed an that uses your product to share files with users.

We use the linux server version, there are a few minor issues with the ubuntu version. I've listed them here (in the wrong thread doh):

http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/18974-debian-and-ubuntu-server-packages-for-bittorrent-sync/?p=68576

It's mostly around race conditions that can come up, configuration valdiation and ensuring uptime.

Cheers,

Joe

what's the upcoming features?

it's been a long time since there was a release...

Yes, it has indeed been a while since a new build, but the team are hard at work on Sync 1.2, which will include a whole host of performance improvements over 1.1.x, including, most notably improved transfer speed (in some cases twice that of 1.1.x builds) and lower memory usage (in some cases half that of 1.1.x builds), and there will also be improvements to .SyncIgnore and error handling.... essentially, the focus is on improving the core of Sync first, features will come later.... so watch this space! :)

Yes, it has indeed been a while since a new build, but the team are hard at work on Sync 1.2, which will include a whole host of performance improvements over 1.1.x, including, most notably improved transfer speed (in some cases twice that of 1.1.x builds) and lower memory usage (in some cases half that of 1.1.x builds), and there will also be improvements to .SyncIgnore and error handling.... essentially, the focus is on improving the core of Sync first, features will come later.... so watch this space! :)

I understand, but it would be good to get an update in the first post..... 1.1.82 is the latest, not 1.1.70 .... :(

Hello,

my version of btsynch just automatically updated itself to 1.1.82. It is not transferring any data now and it should be. There are no error messages, just saying no transfers at the moment. Network is ok, and I can see other machines connected that say Ux.xMb so I assume they should be downloading from me. (They are readonly to my master)

Should I downgrade to a working version? Can I download an older than the latest version of Bittorrent Synch (I was on 1.1.42). I just tried to install my older version on another machine and it told me there was a newer version (1.1.82) which I said No to, and it stopped the installation.

Does 1.1.82 work? How do I downgrade the machine it has already upgraded?

thank you.

**EDIT  - my bad, it must have installed in the background. I now have 1.1.48 on the other machine. Should I revert my master from 1.1.82 to the older version or does 1.1.82 work ok (on Windows XP  and on Windows 8 x64)

thanks

Teresa

1.1.82 seems quite buggy. Many times transfers won't even start.

I've already submitted the logs to the support email.

I have one share that shows 200MB left to upload and it hasn't done anything in the last 48 hours. Funny, as the total size of that share is over 400GB. :-P it transferred the 399GB but won't send the final 200MB :-D

Hope it is fixed. (I'm running no firewalls/AV)

Latest build for androd makes Samsung S4 hang, totally colaps.

Android 4.4.2

Same here.  I updated hoping the "sleep" feature would allow me to leave it on all the time and not drain the battery.  I set it up to sync photos from my phone to my laptop, but it seems totally broken.  I turned the sleep off but that didn't make a difference: the laptop shows the phone created some files, and it is waiting for 8mb of data from the phone, but that data never comes.  Starting and stopping btsync on the phone does not help.  Surprisingly, rebooting the phone DOES help -- when btsync starts back up the files go right across...but then I try some more pictures and it hangs again.

Anyone know how to downgrade the android app on my phone?

Not just yet! ...but Sync 1.2 is just around the corner! :)

I can not wait for the new version 1.2. The software bittorrent sync is terrific but the very long time for indexing every time you start the computer and the associated strain on system resources is still a shortage.