Latest Sync Build: 1.1.70

+1 for .SyncArchive from me too.

I reckon it was overlooked in the rush to make a new build for us anyway, and it was meant to be .SyncArchive in the first place.

Being able to configure the location of SyncArchive/Trash would be sweet. I wouldn't mind keeping all archives/trash in a completely separate location from a particular sync folder. Sure would make them a hell of a lot easier to manage.

+1 for .SyncArchive from me as well.

Also, there is still no rename detection, so I can rename a file on A and what happens is that the file will be resynced to B (new copy with new name + move older file to trash). There is no need to as you have the hashes.

And there is still no FreeBSD instant syncing support. That makes it pretty useless in a Dropbox-like sense. Currently I can achieve the same results of Bittorrent Sync with Unison in a cron job + I get rename support and the source code. So please fix that, because it is pretty annoying when you have e.g. a server with a high rescan_interval because your drives want to sleep and btsync does not sync because it does not know it has to sync. And I'm not talking about the desktop...

Keep up the good work.

Having issues with 1.1.40 on Linux

I installed the correct linux version, have it running. The webGUI says it is 1.0.34 when I downloaded 1.1.40. I had run the older on a while back on this same server, webGUI different version than client?

I am having issues with no sync, I have it installed on the Linux box and Windows. I can sync just fine between 2 windows machine (had this running between my linux and windows machine before on the older version, but now it wont connect between them)

??

Having the SyncArchive folder viewable and in every shared directory is going to confuse people who don't know much about computers. Just think of them asking: Why is it there? Can I delete it? Why does it come back when I do?

The beauty of this software is that you don't notice it. Having the SyncArchive folder front and center goes against that.

I also don't like it mixed in with my stuff. I'm really particular about things like that and seeing it just bothers me.

Having issues with 1.1.40 on Linux

I installed the correct linux version, have it running. The webGUI says it is 1.0.34 when I downloaded 1.1.40. I had run the older on a while back on this same server, webGUI different version than client?

I am having issues with no sync, I have it installed on the Linux box and Windows. I can sync just fine between 2 windows machine (had this running between my linux and windows machine before on the older version, but now it wont connect between them)

??

Hi!

Could you please remove 1.0.34 from your machine and install 1.1.40?

We supports upgrade from 1.0.109 version and newer for now.

Also please let us know if you will have sync issues after that.

Thanks!

1.1.40 seems to get stuck here. Have two linux boxes sharing three folders ("small", "medium" and "large") that all originated from box A.

All folders are indexed on box A. Folder small is synced to box B, folder medium is in progress, and folder large is not started.

Box B has been turned off during the night, when it first came up this morning, it just sat there, web interface on box A showed that 76 GB of medium folder needed to be synced to B, but no traffic...

EDIT:

After restarting btsync on box B the web interface on A shows that btsync thinks that 2.5Gb of "small folder" is not to be uploaded to box B. Still no traffic.

And why is btsync on box A (lenovo laptop x61s) taking 6-10% of my CPU just sitting there?

And just as bad: btsync suddenly want's to reindex the untouched small folder on box A....

For the first time in BTSync history, I today saw lots of crashes with the latest 1.1.40 version -- no such crashes with earlier versions, ever. Windows only, Debian running standalone 1.1.40 is not giving any problems, aside from the inability to use https which I keep reporting for the more recent versions ;)

The built-in dump reporting has failed too.

Edit: I might add that the Linux sync only has a very small set of local files which are not shared externally -- just b/w my Windows and Linux machines for testing / proving of both versions, so, in short it isn't working as hard on Linux as it is on Windows which has more syncs (most from external sources).

I'm seeing loads of errors like this one:

"Failed to download xxxx\xxxx.jpg - CloseHandles: Cannot create a file when that file already exists."

Don't know if this is related to the crashes at all, probably not as there are too many of these messages. Don't know if these messages were there before or not as I never went looking at history for problems.....

Re the SyncTrash/Archive issue - why can't you just use the Windows Recycle Bin? I realize this won't work for Linux/Android/other OSs, but probably the vast majority of inexperienced users will be on Windows and they are already quite familiar with how the Recycle Bin works. That would not only eliminate most potential confusion, but also allow files to be conveniently restored or disposed of in one place without any extra coding effort or user work.

Re the SyncTrash/Archive issue - why can't you just use the Windows Recycle Bin? I realize this won't work for Linux/Android/other OSs, but probably the vast majority of inexperienced users will be on Windows and they are already quite familiar with how the Recycle Bin works. That would not only eliminate most potential confusion, but also allow files to be conveniently restored or disposed of in one place without any extra coding effort or user work.

And if you have removable drive between Windows machines ....

Actually the deleted files are stored on the same physical drive in a system folder called $RECYCLE.BIN. So I guess it would also show up in an other PC, or not. But the recycle bin has other limitations, for example you can't open files in it. Anyway, I'm happy with the hidden .Sync* folder, it's the best soluion. The only thing missing is compression or rdiff style storage.

As for HTTPS: You should use apache or nginx reverse proxy, that will give you freedom over what kind of ciphers, certificates, authetication, whatever you want to use.

A great suggestion ... PLEASE make this happen ...

ALSO ... is there any way we can have a checkbox in the app to get the most recent versions instead of just the most recent version you've approved for auto-update ... some of us *really* like the bleeding edge.

Would it be possible to add a symlink on the server so that going to http://syncapp.bittorrent.com/latest takes us to the newest version? It would make it easier to update across platforms if there was a fixed URL.

Just a suggestion :)

Aaron

Hello!

We have little problems with versions higher than 1.1.27. Synchronization starts fine, but after a while (a day or 2) the device tab is empty and synchronization stops. If you change the listening port it starts over. even changing back to the old port works. a debug.log is included. Only two of perhaps ten machines are showing these symptoms.

Can you help?

Debug_Log..txt

With 1.1.42 on FreeBSD AMD 64bits

btsync> ./btsync --config btsync.conf --nodaemon

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::length_error'

what(): basic_string::assign

Abort (core dumped)

ls -lh

1.8M btsync.core

Did you try the daemon-mode? It works fine here.

Auto update not working. It shows updata available. But then error

Yeah. Updating from 1.1.27. Same Error.

"There was a problem downloading BTSync. PLease withig our website. Sorry for that."

EDIT: Works now without problem.

Edited by tenjaa