Latest Sync Build: 1.1.70

on debian it is not there?

You will not find these settings in the Web UI. But if you are using my latest Debian Packages for Server use (btsync) and you have choosen to let debconf create a default instance, you can now set this parameter (and all other advances parameters) with

sudo dpkg-reconfigure btsync

I get error "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" when I start btsync at a Synology ARM Device. The older Version 1.0.134 starts without any problems. Any help?

I have a similar problem:

All 1.1.* versions segfault on my Qnap with debian testing when I add a directory. It does not segfault directly after startup.

All 1.0.* versions worked so far.

Any Ideas.

You will not find these settings in the Web UI. But if you are using my latest Debian Packages for Server use (btsync) and you have choosen to let debconf create a default instance, you can now set this parameter (and all other advances parameters) with

sudo dpkg-reconfigure btsync

And if you don't use the default instance?

Maybe it is an option to use debconf to also create an instance for a user?

And if you don't use the default instance?

Maybe it is an option to use debconf to also create an instance for a user?

Then you have to create the config file manually and obviously you have the total freedom in tweaking it as you like. The first question that debconf asks, when installing btsync, is if you want to create a default instance. If you answer "No", than debconf does nothing and you have the total freedom. The option to create a default instance is intended for normal users that do not have special requirements.

New builds have generally been released in the following order:

1) In this thread in the first instance

2) via the general download page

3) via auto-update

...they don't necessarily become available in all 3 of these locations simultaneously, and there may be a delay between each. Therefore, if you believe there to be a new build available, but auto-update tells you you're running the latest client version, and the general download page also doesn't offer a new build either, check this thread!

If only there was some sort of indication of how long time we are supposed to wait for the auto-update.

Currently 4, almost 5 days has gone?

Yeah, i know - it's easy to just ssh to my NAS and get the newest version - stop and start - but still...

Just installed Android sync today - updated to 1.1.15 on OSX. The camera backup seems to work fine, but the standard folder sync mystifies me a bit - it doesn't seem to sync unless I select the file on the 'remote' tab, then it seems to sync. Is this by design - ie. sync on demand only ? I haven't tried this with the windows or linux versions yet.

Yeah, i know - it's easy to just ssh to my NAS and get the newest version - stop and start - but still...

The auto update on the NAS/Linux version just let's you know there is an update and gives a link. It doesn't automatically update btsync. You would still have to use SSH and update it yourself.

I just upgraded to 1.1.15 on my two Win 7 machines and it appears that the sync is no longer working for the two folders I had set up. I also notice that there are no devices listed in the device tab. Is there something I have to do to get sync working after the last update?

Yes it is by design. Android Sync has only selective syncing t the moment. We will add automatic syncing in next builds.

OK great! I also get a few crashes on Android, which is probably associated with my phone's lack of RAM - its only 512MB (Galaxy S) and its running cyanogen roms so it definitely wigs out with other apps too. The phone has almost been slammed against a brick wall in frustration many times - needs to go back to 2.4! :)

Been trying out the 1.1.15 build and in general it seems to be performing well but I have noticed that when running on Mac OSX it will get into a state where it is maxing out a CPU (100% usage on a single processor core) and you have to quit the application and restart it to stop this.

If this is not a known issue I can happily turn on debug logging and try to recreate the problem.

OK great! I also get a few crashes on Android, which is probably associated with my phone's lack of RAM - its only 512MB (Galaxy S) and its running cyanogen roms so it definitely wigs out with other apps too. The phone has almost been slammed against a brick wall in frustration many times - needs to go back to 2.4! :)

Grab a program called Greenify.

It made an utterly huge difference on my slightly overloaded Galaxy Nexus. I actually have free RAM now.

Hi, I've got a problem with latest mobile app:

I've got a phone with small screen (3") and when I try to setup a sync I have to 1. Choose the folder and then 2. Scan QR code which I cannot do because I can't see any button to do it. I only get OK button which asks me to scan a QR code.

Any one else?

It would be great to be able to backup several folders to the same location too. (but that's not a problem, just a wish)

Thanks

I've got a phone with small screen (3") and when I try to setup a sync I have to 1. Choose the folder and then 2. Scan QR code which I cannot do because I can't see any button to do it. I only get OK button which asks me to scan a QR code.

Any one else?

Same on my wife's Motorola Pro+. However it had an option to scale the app's interface so the QR button can be (barely) made visible.