Latest Sync Build: 1.1.70

Hi team, I'd like to be alerted when this version becomes stable and is featured on the home page. How can I get an alert? Perhaps you'll send an email to the mailing list?

If you have enabled "Check for updates" in Sync, you will be alerted within a day once a "stable" alpha build is made available outside of the forums

...or, alternatively, to get notified of new builds before they are pushed to the homepage/auto update - and click the "Follow This Topic" button near the top of this thread

1.1.15 (also 1.1.260) introduces a bug on the Windows platform. Previously working systems now break if folders use a network address instead of a drive letter.

This bug can be reproduced by mapping a network address to a drive letter. Then try adding the a folder, first using the network address and then using the mapped drive letter. Thanks to GreatMarko for the tip.

• "\\SHOWME\download" fails with "Can't open the destination folder".
  • "T:" works OK.

This issue may be related to the 1000's of "SyncFilesController: mutex file check failed" entries that now appear in my logs.

This is what I see when I try to add a sync on a Samsung Galaxy Y:

ScreenShot.png

I cannot scroll or resize the screen.

I can scan the code when making a backup although the image comes rotated and a bit scaled.

I forgot to say I'm using 1.1.15

Update to the new version 1.1.7 of the android client I believe they have fixed this issues. (I haven't checked that location but the other pages that weren't working ie the info screen on the main page.)

Repository for Ubuntu (ppa:tuxpoldo/btsync) does not yet include the newest version 1.1.26

Having Windows (1.1.26) and Ubuntu (1.1.22) and Android (1.1.7) they don't work together.

tuxpoldo is usually pretty quick - so expect the updated builds soon! (he usually gets his builds out a day or so after a new Sync build is made available by BitTorrent Inc) Do bear in mind that he doesn't work for BitTorrent Inc, and creates these special Debian/Ubuntu builds in his own time.. so give him chance, and I'll sure updated builds for Ubuntu/Debian will appear very soon!

...and keep your eye on his threads, linked below, as tuxpoldo usually updates them each time he has a new build ready!

Unofficial Sync builds for Ubuntu/Debian (Servers) | Ubuntu/Debian (Desktops)

In the meantime, Sync 1.1.26 on Windows and Android Sync 1.1.7 should work with each other.. they just won't work with Sync 1.1.22 on Ubuntu!

Update to the new version 1.1.7 of the android client I believe they have fixed this issues. (I haven't checked that location but the other pages that weren't working ie the info screen on the main page.)

It got better with 1.1.7 but not perfect. At least now it's usable. Please, take a look:

shot_000002.png

Just finished updating. Takes about 2 minutes to resync everything, after which it's all running like a dream. I've noticed a speed increase with file transfers between my phone and PC on the same local wireless network. I've never noticed the memory issue (because of my insane PC specs), but good work on this build everyone!

Kos, if you could keep me in your thoughts as to my previous request (via PM) I'd greatly appreciate it. (no rush though).

16MB of RAM?

Possibly, but you're basically asking for more than an order of magnitude memory reduction...

Keep in mind that not only does that 16MB need to run BTSync, it needs to run your NAS.

In this case, I'd say your best bet might be to invest in a Pi and have it handle BTSync over a mapped network share.

I upgrade from 1.0.134 and lost all my sync folders ! When I stopped it and restarted it, it asked to upgrade to 1.0.135 and then ask to upgrade to 1.1.27 and when it started it up, there was no longer any folders in my Folders tab.

Is there any way to retrieve the setup that was made before ? It is going to be a real pain to setup it up again as i have to change all secret from all computers I have !!!

I was running it on a Windows 2003 SBS

I upgrade from 1.0.134 and lost all my sync folders ! When I stopped it and restarted it, it asked to upgrade to 1.0.135 and then ask to upgrade to 1.1.27 and when it started it up, there was no longer any folders in my Folders tab.

Is there any way to retrieve the setup that was made before ? It is going to be a real pain to setup it up again as i have to change all secret from all computers I have !!!

I was running it on a Windows 2003 SBS

in previous release notes ?(or something like that) there was a note about that. Upgrading to 1.1.x is different structure

The auto-update does clearly warn you that "BitTorrent Sync 1.1.27 is not compatible with versions earlier than 1.1.25"

You will therefore need to re-add your folders again if you were previously running 1.0.134.

It is going to be a real pain to setup it up again as i have to change all secret from all computers I have !!!

Welcome to "alpha" software! :P Protocol changes and incompatibility between alpha builds is to be expected! If that's not for you, you'd probably be best waiting until Sync migrates out of "alpha" and "beta" phases into a "stable" release!