Re-indexing large shares after restart

Let me start with that I really love this app so far and it has even more potential. :)

So I have the following problem: After I restart the client (linux, 1.0.132) it forces a reindex on my biggest share. It's my music library consisting of approx. 36K files and 450GB. I want to sync most of it to my laptop. There is no selective sync yet so I used the ignore list.

It's annoying having to wait out hours of indexing. As far as I can tell this problem is not present with any of my other shares but those are all less than 1GB so it might just be fast enough that it finishes before the webUI starts up.

And this brings me to another problem:

If one share is indexing all other tasks have to wait in line. This is a pain if that indexing happens to take hours.

Couldn't this be simply solved by multithreading?

Edit: Come to think of it this re-indexing did not happen until there was no ignore list (which excludes ~250GB) and the laptop wasn't connected.

Edit: Dispite the ignore list - which had to be correct because the reported size of the share was correct (on the source) - the laptop still received excluded files. The laptop had the same ignore list as specified. I think this re-indexing bug may be related to the ignore list in some wierd way. I'll just wait for the selective sync, this was meant to be a temporary/test solution anyway.

Edit: Dispite the ignore list - which had to be correct because the reported size of the share was correct (on the source) - the laptop still received excluded files. The laptop had the same ignore list as specified. I think this re-indexing bug may be related to the ignore list in some wierd way. I'll just wait for the selective sync, this was meant to be a temporary/test solution anyway.

As well as the .SyncIgnore list being the same at both ends, did you shut down both BitTorrent Sync clients before making your .SyncIgnore changes? Sync may not reload .SyncIgnore data until you restart.

In addition, according to the Official FAQ, .SyncIgnore "will not work with the files that have already been synced"

I agree with you, though, it will be great if/when a more "user-friendly" way to "selectively sync" comes to BitTorrent Sync!

I restarted the client on the server multiple times; on the laptop I created the ignore list before I added the share.

BTW now that I commented out the huge excluded folders from the ignore list, it does not forces a re-index after restarting the client on linux. So there is definitely something funky with sizable shares and excluded folders.