Syncing of damaged files

I haven't found this in the FAQ but sorry if this has come up before or is answered elsewhere;

What happens if the file, folder or disc that BitTorrent Sync is syncing is damaged?

I am thinking that it would be great to Sync my work documents to a home server but I'm concerened that if one of the machines has an issue, the damage will be synced across to the "backup" in the other location.

This also leads into versioning; is there any way to prevent sync from syncing the deletion of a file if it is accidental?

Cheers-

Chris

This also leads into versioning; is there any way to prevent sync from syncing the deletion of a file if it is accidental?

There's no "versioning" at present, but this has been requested a number of times in the wishlist thread.

In terms of "accidental deletions" - such files should be automatically moved to the corresponding .SyncTrash folder, by default, rather than permanently deleted from the device.

If BitTorrent Sync isn't able to finish completing a sync of a file, etc, it will be given a .!sync extension to indicate a partial/incomplete transfer. Once BitTorrent Sync does complete syncing of the file, the .!sync extension will be removed.

BitTorrent Sync itself won't necessarily check if a file is corrupt or not when syncing. For example, you'll be able to sync a damaged/corrupt .zip or .rar file, as BitTorrent Sync won't perform any sort of integrity/CRC checking on the file - it just compares size/last modification time, etc.... and therefore, if your file is "corrupt", it will still sync