BT Sync 1.0.134 freezes every 30 minutes to an hour, has to be restarted

I'm syncing data across about 14 computers, some of them being very large video files. At the moment, this is all on computers using Windows 7, on a Gigabit LAN.

I find that on my master backup computer, every 30 minutes to an hour, the BT Sync app will freeze. When I view it in the Task Manager, under Processes, I see that it's using 00 CPU, but it consistently freezes with a memory usage of 850,000K - 900,000K.

Is this a memory leak issue, perhaps? I was using a previous version of BT Sync (I'm sorry that I can't remember which, as I assumed it'd be fixed with the version upgrade :P ), and it did the same thing on my master backup computer, but when it froze, it'd have about 1,100,000K memory usage.

It is not freezing on any other computers that are being backed up.

I find that on my master backup computer, every 30 minutes to an hour, the BT Sync app will freeze. When I view it in the Task Manager, under Processes, I see that it's using 00 CPU, but it consistently freezes with a memory usage of 850,000K - 900,000K.

Is this a memory leak issue, perhaps?

On the point of memory usage, please see the unofficial FAQ entry "Why is BitTorrent Sync's CPU/Memory usage high?" ...this in itself, however, doesn't explain your "freeze" (assuming your computer has enough free memory?) Therefore, you might want to follow the steps here for reporting your issue

On the point of memory usage, please see the unofficial FAQ entry "Why is BitTorrent Sync's CPU/Memory usage high?" ...this in itself, however, doesn't explain your "freeze" (assuming your computer has enough free memory?) Therefore, you might want to follow the steps here for reporting your issue

Mine does the same exact thing, typically uses 950,000KB within a minute of launch, then a couple minutes after that it just stops responding. version .134 and not nearly as many computers as this guy, I've got 4 computers syncing to the one where sync freezes.

I have around 100,000 files but not nearly as many as this guy.

You all REALLY REALLY need to push out something, anything to knock down the memory use, or barring that at least not locking up the sync within a couple minutes.

Experiencing this issue too:

54.1 GB (58,126,311,424 bytes)

728,752 Files, 75,509 Folders

Consumes 500k on load and slowly climbs from there.

This is my first day of syncing so I'm not sure how it will behave once everything is synced.

I'm currently syncing between two devices.

Cheers!

Hi,

Am getting this as well, however I think I may have narrowed it down a bit.

I've four folders syncing between two computers, in total around 500,000 files. One of the machines is really old, so whilst it is indexing I paused the sync, and the crash still happens as described above.

The issue may be down to indexing rather than syncing? Be interesting to see if anyone else can replicate this?

Could you please create a dump file of sync process while it freezes and send it to syncapp@bittorrent.com?

Please run procexp.exe (http://technet.micro...s/bb896653.aspx), make right click on BitTorrent Sync process --> Create Dump --> Create Full Dump. Then attach created file to email and send us.

Thanks!

I create a full dump, but the file it creates is a 0kB file... Do I do this after the process freezes, or right when it starts up?