Question to developers: Specifications

Hello,

I know that there othen thread of similar discussion http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/8816-will-syncapp-be-open-source/page__st__20.

BUT my question will be different. Do you open just main specification. I mean not the Developer API but the structured differences from usual BitTorrent protocol, how do you generate teh keys and find them through web. That things will be enough for creating the open-source analog COMPATIBLE with original design. As for BitTorrent and muTorrent there Azuresus, transmission and other, not so powerfull, but still usable. That desicion will not harm security, no one will have acess to source code to make malwares BUT you will make the community work much easier. If there will be enough people they will clone your algorithm using reversive ways of developing. So will there any well stucturized specs for BtSync as those as for usual bittorrent protocol?

I would second this suggestion, as this would be really interesting from a development point of view. I know and fully understand the "free but not open-source" part, but once the alpha stage is done and we come towards a beta or final phase, it would be nice to have a spec of the protocol so that others could produce clients as well.