Sync only in same WAN

Hi there, I tried the product with a desktop and a laptop. It works fine, but only syncs if I'm at the same network! So if I have my laptop at home and at work I drag a file to my synced folder, nothing happens at my laptop. I thought, this is what Sync was made for? please help

For consumer NAT boxes all that I know of will pass UDP and TCP connections correctly. The minimum timeout for UDP NAT punching is 30 seconds, though a few are over 300 seconds. Keepalive is the same minimum but more have higher timeouts.

It appears that many work firewalls are configured to allow only web browsing and email (and that must be via the "excahnge server"). Usually a clear TCP channel can be poked through port 443 (labelled as https) which allows you to cover anything you like in a fake www wrapper. But no UDP ports are likely to be open. Occasionally UDP ports 123 and 53 will be clear, but frequently they will be put through application proxies.

If you have an uncooperative firewall the correct solution is to get it fixed. If you have an uncooperative firewall admin you will have to punch the firewall (NOT the admin!) Tools suitable for punching through firewalls include Zebedee, OpenVPN, udptunnel and GVPE. The latter is especially good as it has several so called "darknet transports" that make it very difficult to block or even recognise.