Instant syncing on FreeBSD

sts

Hey!

I would like to know if you are planning instant syncing on FreeBSD (and Mac I guess). Currently I have to wait rescan_time before changes get committed. However, it would be possible to implement event scanning by kqueue I guess. Is this right and what are your plans?

In regards,

Stephan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Please don't flame me for digging up an old topic.  I just took an old XP machine, blew it away and installed FreeBSD 10.0, but no GUI yet. Got btsync installed and all seems fine Wow, I haven't done this for like almost 20 years now. Thanks BT Sync team for motivating me with something really cool. :D

I am curious is this 10 minute syncing behavior still the only behavior, or has changes been made and I can now somehow set btsync to use some form of instant notify.  I'm just curious, as I might want to build a generic hardware NAS and stick some flavour of Linux or UNIX on it.  I like FreeBSD because I work with Juniper routers/switches which are based on FreeBSD. But maybe I might want consider a Linux machine, and behaviors like this 10 minute folder re-scan would help me decide.  Is there a way to manually configure say a 60 second folder scan?

Thanks again all,

Packet Man

The setting you are looking for is called folder_rescan_interval and accepts values in seconds e.g. 600 = 10 minutes (also the standard value). You will need to use a config in conjunction with the btsync command. If you call the btsync binary from the CLI with the option --dump-sample-config you can get a config template and continue from there.

• 4 weeks later...

The setting you are looking for is called folder_rescan_interval and accepts values in seconds e.g. 600 = 10 minutes (also the standard value). You will need to use a config in conjunction with the btsync command. If you call the btsync binary from the CLI with the option --dump-sample-config you can get a config template and continue from there.

Any chance you, or anyone else can post your config? I did it and it executes fine, but my testing suggests its still 10 minutes.  This is the line in my config file:

“folder_rescan_interval”: 20,

Any chance you, or anyone else can post your config? I did it and it executes fine, but my testing suggests its still 10 minutes.  This is the line in my config file:

“folder_rescan_interval”: 20,

Yeah my testing confirms this is not working. My config file seems to be loading fine, and passes other parameters but this one is not working. I don't get any error messages though.  I dump a bunch of files into a folder, and it takes up to 10 minutes for it to get indexed and pushed.

Do I need to put it in a specific place in the file? Can someone who has this working send me a copy of that section of their config file please. Thanks again.

Archived