Web UI for Mac/Windows Client?

Thanks. I think it would be a good idea to have web UI available for all platforms, I believe this would solve some of CLI requests because you can SSH with port forwarding into the machine in order to access the web UI remotely (or just port forward 8888 to your machine on your router).

Is this on the wish list? The wish list post is like 20+ pages or something, don't want to go through them all...

Thanks. I think it would be a good idea to have web UI available for all platforms

I don't really see why you'd need a web UI if there's already a native UI? In order for Sync to be able to provide a web ui on Windows, it would need to also install/run a web server as well! - seems a bit over the top, considering you can already do everything via the native windows app!!

Is this on the wish list? The wish list post is like 20+ pages or something, don't want to go through them all...

...you don't need to trawl through 20+ pages of the wishlist to find out if it's already been suggested, just suggest it there anyway! The developers are keeping tabs on how often certain features of requested... so the more times something's requested, the more likely it will be considered anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I think what he is referring to is like how couchpotato or sickbeard or sabnzb works with their webui.. you can control the program from your browser on another machine instead of remoting into that machine. If you are administering several machines operated by different users, then interuppting their workflow doesnt seem efficient if you can do it in the background.

• 1 year later...

I don't really see why you'd need a web UI if there's already a native UI? In order for Sync to be able to provide a web ui on Windows, it would need to also install/run a web server as well! - seems a bit over the top, considering you can already do everything via the native windows app!!

...you don't need to trawl through 20+ pages of the wishlist to find out if it's already been suggested, just suggest it there anyway! The developers are keeping tabs on how often certain features of requested... so the more times something's requested, the more likely it will be considered anyway.

A web UI would be great because I get the error "Sync does not support your web browser." thus I can no longer use the software. (Windows 7 64 & btsync 64bit). 

I have IE 11, firefox 33 and chrome 38...

Edited by vsgxrhfk

A web UI would be great because I get the error "Sync does not support your web browser." thus I can no longer use the software. (Windows 7 64 & btsync 64bit). 

I have IE 11, firefox 33 and chrome 38...

This is a VERY old - and now outdated - thread!!

Sync does now have a Web UI on Windows 7 with IE11 installed - just run BTSync.exe with the "/webui" switch, and Sync will pop open in your default browser

• 7 months later...