Skipping file ... with bad timestamp

I have found that the error message is erroneous.

While the History tab displays "Skipping file ... with bad timestamp", and the error log contains messages "SyncFilesController: got file with zero modification time, skipping", in fact, the timestamps are fine, but there is some problem with ownership and/or permissions on the files: Windows file properties is giving me errors "To continue, you must be an administrative user with permission to view this object's security properties" and "Unable to display current owner".

Perhaps the development team could review this and correct the error message for this case?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I've found this bug also in Mac. The problem is as stated, that every file with date set to 1 Jan 1970 does not get synced . The message "bad timestamp" is not very helpful here.

For example, that's the result of ls:

$ ls -al@

total 48

drwxr-xr-x 7 dfreniche staff 238 31 ago 2012 .

drwxr-xr-x 17 dfreniche staff 578 31 ago 2012 ..

-rw-r--r--@ 1 dfreniche staff 3892 1 ene 1970 toolkit_gwt.png

com.dropbox.attributes 162

-rw-r--r--@ 1 dfreniche staff 3675 1 ene 1970 toolkit_swing.png

com.dropbox.attributes 160

-rw-r--r--@ 1 dfreniche staff 3894 1 ene 1970 toolkit_swt.png

com.dropbox.attributes 160

-rw-r--r--@ 1 dfreniche staff 4007 1 ene 1970 toolkit_xwt.png

com.dropbox.attributes 161

-rw-r--r-- 1 dfreniche staff 6455 1 ene 1970 toolkits.xml

All these are files copied from Dropbox, and I'm showing the special attributes (this is a Mac only feature).

The final solution would be to have a setting to allow set the date of those files to the current date. A workaround in the meantime is to create a script that does exactly this. I've written that script, and tested. It's here:

https://gist.github.com/dfreniche/6090995

Greets!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, in the furure, all files regardless timestamp the files will be synced?

*edit*

Im syncing 1 terrabyte of data, wich i cannot edit the timestamp. The files need to exactly as they are on the original drive..

Will this be a problem for me in the future?

Thanks for a great software!

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into a similar problem, running Sync 1.1.82.

I had a "doc.kml" file generated from Google Earth. The modified time stamp was in the year 1601, and I got the "bad timestamp" error from Sync.

For my purposes I just made a small change to the file and it synced, but I figured I would pass the information along.

I ran into a similar problem, running Sync 1.1.82.

For my purposes I just made a small change to the file and it synced, but I figured I would pass the information along.

As already indicated earlier in the thread, this issue has now been resolved though for 1.2.x builds of Sync. If you're still running 1.1.82, it's worth updating :)