generic subfolder sync question

ovizii

say I have a folder called Documents, that is being synced between my two main working machines but it also contains a subfolder: Important which I'd love to sync to my server. I didn't think that would be a problem but it appears btsync doesn't allow to sync a subfolder. I don't understand why, since I am going to share the subfolder with a machine that doesn't know anything about the parent folder being synced and I cannot afford traffic and space wise to sync the whole Documents folder to my server.

What's the easiest solution to this dilemma?

Please search the forum for "nested" shares.

If you wish to sync sub folders separately to different devices, you need to remove the sync from the parent folder, and instead setup individual syncs for each sub folder contained within.

As I say, please search for "nested" in this forum, as this has been discussed loads!

Thanks for confirming. I have read countless "nested" threads, its just that most of them were describing the issues of cross-syncing folders/subfolders to the same machines while I was trying to sync to another one.

Anyway, its all good, I just hope one day btsync will adapt to our workflow/folder structure rather than us having to adapt to the tool :-)