Android "backup"

Guest idef1x

so far deleting files from my pc doesn't seem to do anything with those files on my android phone. when deleting files from my android it takes a while before they are deleted on my pc. when I restarted btsync on my android they were deleted right away. so does anyone know what the refresh interval is for backup? it's not as instanious as syncing apparently

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

100% agree. I was under the assumption that "BACKUP" meant what it does in every other form of data management and should especially be true when moving data from a mobile device to a computer. I had scheduled system images of my phone OS to be backed up to my server every sunday night. Each one is ~2GB so after a few I need to clean house on the phone's storage.  I just realized when going to restore a backup that it had SYNC'd my changes and deleted the files on my server.

Luckily I accidentally left the archive function on for that folder and was able to pull the files from that, but this is a VERY strange relationship they have created, especially when they are pushing the concept of backing up photos using this method

Any thoughts BT? Am I misunderstanding this function?  Is this an known issue?